Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
Player Profile: Ashour El-Takky
Designed by Mohaned Ghanem
Name: Ashour El-Takky
Date of Birth: November 28, 1980
Height: 1.66 m (5 ft 4 in)
Current club: Petrojet
Previous club(s): Wadi Degla, Lierse, ENPPI, Petrol Asyut
Position: Central Midfielder
This central midfielder has been a massive late bloomer in Egyptian football. The majority of his career was spent between fighting for promotion in Egypt’s 2nd division and struggling for survival in the 1st. It wasn’t until the 2010-2011 season at the age of 29 where he really put himself on the map in Egyptian football. The short and sturdy midfielder was Wadi Degla’s top scorer with eight goals while assisting seven in their 1st year in the topflight, ensuring their safety.
El Takky was transferred to Belgian side Lierse SK, who are owned by the same owner as Degla – Maged Samy – but he quickly retracted due to family reasons. The move eventually materialized the season after and he joined the club on loan, but failed to replicate his Degla form in the Jupiler Pro League.
Ashour impressed while playing just behind the striker at Wadi Degla, but under Bob Bradley – who gave the aging midfielder his 1st Egyptian caps in 2012 – he’s more of a defensive midfielder.
Summary of Skills:
- Powerful shot.
- Long shots/passes.
- Great stamina.