Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Barnsely blow as Mido fitness return delayed
Mido’s MRI results rule him out for the next 6 weeks after pulling his hamstring in warm-up.
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ will miss the start of Barnsley’s Championship campaign – including the opening fixture against his former club Middlesbrough – after his MRI results revealed he has a grade two hamstring strain; ruling him out for the next 6 weeks.
Mido received the MRI results today after pulling his hamstring last week in warm-up before Barnsley FC faced local rivals Doncaster Rovers.
This is a huge blow for Barnsley ahead of the new season, and of course for Mido, who told the Chronicle he’s been using pre-season to get back into shape, “It’s been boring, but I have to work hard. I believe I’ve been putting in the right work for myself to get better and better physically – that’s what pre-season is for.”
A club source also revealed that Mido has already shed several kilos and hoped to lose 12 before Barnsley’s League Cup tie against Rochdale on August 11.
Mido joined Barsnley on free transfer earlier this summer from boyhood club, Al-Zamalek.
Follow Adam Moustafa on twitter.