Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Barnsely blow as Mido fitness return delayed
Mido’s MRI results rule him out for the next 6 weeks after pulling his hamstring in warm-up.
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ will miss the start of Barnsley’s Championship campaign – including the opening fixture against his former club Middlesbrough – after his MRI results revealed he has a grade two hamstring strain; ruling him out for the next 6 weeks.
Mido received the MRI results today after pulling his hamstring last week in warm-up before Barnsley FC faced local rivals Doncaster Rovers.
This is a huge blow for Barnsley ahead of the new season, and of course for Mido, who told the Chronicle he’s been using pre-season to get back into shape, “It’s been boring, but I have to work hard. I believe I’ve been putting in the right work for myself to get better and better physically – that’s what pre-season is for.”
A club source also revealed that Mido has already shed several kilos and hoped to lose 12 before Barnsley’s League Cup tie against Rochdale on August 11.
Mido joined Barsnley on free transfer earlier this summer from boyhood club, Al-Zamalek.
Follow Adam Moustafa on twitter.