A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Barnsely blow as Mido fitness return delayed
Mido’s MRI results rule him out for the next 6 weeks after pulling his hamstring in warm-up.
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ will miss the start of Barnsley’s Championship campaign – including the opening fixture against his former club Middlesbrough – after his MRI results revealed he has a grade two hamstring strain; ruling him out for the next 6 weeks.
Mido received the MRI results today after pulling his hamstring last week in warm-up before Barnsley FC faced local rivals Doncaster Rovers.
This is a huge blow for Barnsley ahead of the new season, and of course for Mido, who told the Chronicle he’s been using pre-season to get back into shape, “It’s been boring, but I have to work hard. I believe I’ve been putting in the right work for myself to get better and better physically – that’s what pre-season is for.”
A club source also revealed that Mido has already shed several kilos and hoped to lose 12 before Barnsley’s League Cup tie against Rochdale on August 11.
Mido joined Barsnley on free transfer earlier this summer from boyhood club, Al-Zamalek.
Follow Adam Moustafa on twitter.