After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Barnsely blow as Mido fitness return delayed
Mido’s MRI results rule him out for the next 6 weeks after pulling his hamstring in warm-up.
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ will miss the start of Barnsley’s Championship campaign – including the opening fixture against his former club Middlesbrough – after his MRI results revealed he has a grade two hamstring strain; ruling him out for the next 6 weeks.
Mido received the MRI results today after pulling his hamstring last week in warm-up before Barnsley FC faced local rivals Doncaster Rovers.
This is a huge blow for Barnsley ahead of the new season, and of course for Mido, who told the Chronicle he’s been using pre-season to get back into shape, “It’s been boring, but I have to work hard. I believe I’ve been putting in the right work for myself to get better and better physically – that’s what pre-season is for.”
A club source also revealed that Mido has already shed several kilos and hoped to lose 12 before Barnsley’s League Cup tie against Rochdale on August 11.
Mido joined Barsnley on free transfer earlier this summer from boyhood club, Al-Zamalek.
Follow Adam Moustafa on twitter.