Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Official: Amr Zaki signs for Elazığspor
Zamalek have announced on their website today that striker Amr Zaki has officially signed for Elazığspor in the Turkish Süper Lig.
Zamalek’s board of directors accepted an offer of €250,000 from Elazığspor yesterday, with Zaki also giving up on his unpaid wages totaling EGP750,000 from the Cairo club.
Zaki initially held back from putting pen-to-paper as he was only interested in a one-year contract, while the Turkish club had offered him three. Shortening the contract to two years, plus adding the option to terminate his contract if the club are relegated finally convinced Zaki to sign.
Amr will travel to Turkey tomorrow to complete his medical and is set to be officially unveiled by his new club on Saturday.
The Egyptian international enjoyed a successful loan spell at Wigan in the 2008-09 season and was the top goalscorer in the English Premier League for numerous weeks; but failed to add to his tally of 10 league goals at the club after falling out with manager Steve Bruce. Zaki also has 29 intentional goals to his name but has yet to feature under Egypt coach Bob Bradley.