Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
Official: Amr Zaki signs for Elazığspor
Zamalek have announced on their website today that striker Amr Zaki has officially signed for Elazığspor in the Turkish Süper Lig.
Zamalek’s board of directors accepted an offer of €250,000 from Elazığspor yesterday, with Zaki also giving up on his unpaid wages totaling EGP750,000 from the Cairo club.
Zaki initially held back from putting pen-to-paper as he was only interested in a one-year contract, while the Turkish club had offered him three. Shortening the contract to two years, plus adding the option to terminate his contract if the club are relegated finally convinced Zaki to sign.
Amr will travel to Turkey tomorrow to complete his medical and is set to be officially unveiled by his new club on Saturday.
The Egyptian international enjoyed a successful loan spell at Wigan in the 2008-09 season and was the top goalscorer in the English Premier League for numerous weeks; but failed to add to his tally of 10 league goals at the club after falling out with manager Steve Bruce. Zaki also has 29 intentional goals to his name but has yet to feature under Egypt coach Bob Bradley.