Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Official: Amr Zaki signs for Elazığspor
Zamalek have announced on their website today that striker Amr Zaki has officially signed for Elazığspor in the Turkish Süper Lig.
Zamalek’s board of directors accepted an offer of €250,000 from Elazığspor yesterday, with Zaki also giving up on his unpaid wages totaling EGP750,000 from the Cairo club.
Zaki initially held back from putting pen-to-paper as he was only interested in a one-year contract, while the Turkish club had offered him three. Shortening the contract to two years, plus adding the option to terminate his contract if the club are relegated finally convinced Zaki to sign.
Amr will travel to Turkey tomorrow to complete his medical and is set to be officially unveiled by his new club on Saturday.
The Egyptian international enjoyed a successful loan spell at Wigan in the 2008-09 season and was the top goalscorer in the English Premier League for numerous weeks; but failed to add to his tally of 10 league goals at the club after falling out with manager Steve Bruce. Zaki also has 29 intentional goals to his name but has yet to feature under Egypt coach Bob Bradley.