Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Lierse draw again as rough start to Jupiler Pro League season continues
Lierse collect their second point from three games in their tough start to this season’s Jupiler Pro League.
Match: RAEC Mons 1-1 Lierse SK (50′ Sapina; 58′ Hazurov)
Lierse Starting XI: Sels; Ahmed Samir Farag, Ahmed Said ‘Okka’, Dachelet, Lambot; Wils, Hussein Yasser, Bourabia; Bidaoui, Hazurov, Menga (75′ Elgabas).
Egyptian internationals Ahmed Samir Farag and Ahmed Said ‘Okka’ started their third straight game in Belgium’s top flight for Lierse SK this Saturday away to RAEC Mons. Former Zamalek midfielder Hussein Yasser also started for the Yellow black’s army after an impressive performance against Standard Liege last Friday, while former Petrojet winger Cofie Bekoe was left out after being red-carded in that game. Mohamed ‘Dodo’ Elgabas, Lierse’s top scorer last season, came off the bench for the third straight game in the second half.
Lierse started off strongly by testing the keeper on a few occasions and hitting the post, but it was Mons who broke the deadlock. Five minutes after the start of the second half, Jeremy Sapina scored a free header after being left unmarked by Egyptian CB Okka. Lierse quickly equalized. Hussein Yasser’s corner finds Moroccan Soufiane Bidaoui who’s low shot is tipped right into the path of Bulgarian striker Kostadin Hazurov, finishing it off with a simple tap-in. Ahmed Samir Farag came extremely close to scoring on two occasions with his trademark long distance free kicks. This is point is Lierse’s second after drawing 0-0 with Standard Liege while losing to Gent in the tough opener.
Both Ahmed Samir Farag and Okka were called up by Bob Bradley to face Oman in a friendly this Wednesday. Okka is now doubtful to feature as Lierse’s medical team claim he suffered a gluteal muscle strain after yesterday’s match.
Meanwhile, Egyptian legend Ahmed Hassan is set to become the 4th Pharaoh in Lierse’s squad.
Watch highlights of Lierse vs Mons (including Farag’s two FKs) here.