Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
VIDEO: Mohamed Salah scores first goal for FC Basel
The 20-year-old Egypt winger, who moved to Basel from Egyptian side Arab Contractors this summer, made his third appearance for the club against Lausanne-Sport in the Swiss Super League on Saturday. Salah assisted Marco Streller with a pin-point cross from the left flank for the opener just before halftime, and scored his first ever goal with the Swiss outfit in the 82nd minute.
Mohamed Salah was awarded the man of the match by FC Basel fans following an impressive league debut against FC Thun 3-1 last weekend – where he contributed to all three goals – and is likely to regain the title this week following this impressive performance.
The Pharaoh made his UEFA Champions League debut earlier this month against Molde.
FC Basel are yet to be defeated this season, and this win places them second in the league with 12 points. Essam El Hadary’s former club FC Sion are the current league leaders with 13.
Watch extended highlights of Mohamed Salah’s performance: