Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Official: Afroto joins Azerbaijani club
Al Ahly’s attacking midfielder Mostafa Mohamed Selim, more commonly known as ‘Afroto’ has signed for Azerbaijan Premier League side FK Qarabagh.
23-year-old Afroto (or Little Genie) joins Qarabagh on a free from Al Ahly as the Egyptian champions didn’t see him in their future plans and refused to extend his contract.
Afroto was on loan at Al Ittihad Al Sakandary (Union Alexandria) this season, but only managed to score a goal in 8 appearances prior to the season’s cancellation following the Port Said tragedy.
Afroto was regarded as one of the hottest upcoming prospects in Egyptian football after his impressive displays at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt, where he scored 2 superb goals before Egypt were eliminated in the Second Round by Costa Rica.
He later fell out with Al Ahly’s management over lack of playing time, especially after the return of Portuguese boss Manuel Jose, but played a total of 10 games for the Cairo giants, scoring and assisting twice.
Highlights of Afroto: