Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
Official: Afroto joins Azerbaijani club
Al Ahly’s attacking midfielder Mostafa Mohamed Selim, more commonly known as ‘Afroto’ has signed for Azerbaijan Premier League side FK Qarabagh.
23-year-old Afroto (or Little Genie) joins Qarabagh on a free from Al Ahly as the Egyptian champions didn’t see him in their future plans and refused to extend his contract.
Afroto was on loan at Al Ittihad Al Sakandary (Union Alexandria) this season, but only managed to score a goal in 8 appearances prior to the season’s cancellation following the Port Said tragedy.
Afroto was regarded as one of the hottest upcoming prospects in Egyptian football after his impressive displays at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt, where he scored 2 superb goals before Egypt were eliminated in the Second Round by Costa Rica.
He later fell out with Al Ahly’s management over lack of playing time, especially after the return of Portuguese boss Manuel Jose, but played a total of 10 games for the Cairo giants, scoring and assisting twice.
Highlights of Afroto: