KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Official: Afroto joins Azerbaijani club
Al Ahly’s attacking midfielder Mostafa Mohamed Selim, more commonly known as ‘Afroto’ has signed for Azerbaijan Premier League side FK Qarabagh.
23-year-old Afroto (or Little Genie) joins Qarabagh on a free from Al Ahly as the Egyptian champions didn’t see him in their future plans and refused to extend his contract.
Afroto was on loan at Al Ittihad Al Sakandary (Union Alexandria) this season, but only managed to score a goal in 8 appearances prior to the season’s cancellation following the Port Said tragedy.
Afroto was regarded as one of the hottest upcoming prospects in Egyptian football after his impressive displays at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt, where he scored 2 superb goals before Egypt were eliminated in the Second Round by Costa Rica.
He later fell out with Al Ahly’s management over lack of playing time, especially after the return of Portuguese boss Manuel Jose, but played a total of 10 games for the Cairo giants, scoring and assisting twice.
Highlights of Afroto: