After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Official: Afroto joins Azerbaijani club
Al Ahly’s attacking midfielder Mostafa Mohamed Selim, more commonly known as ‘Afroto’ has signed for Azerbaijan Premier League side FK Qarabagh.
23-year-old Afroto (or Little Genie) joins Qarabagh on a free from Al Ahly as the Egyptian champions didn’t see him in their future plans and refused to extend his contract.
Afroto was on loan at Al Ittihad Al Sakandary (Union Alexandria) this season, but only managed to score a goal in 8 appearances prior to the season’s cancellation following the Port Said tragedy.
Afroto was regarded as one of the hottest upcoming prospects in Egyptian football after his impressive displays at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt, where he scored 2 superb goals before Egypt were eliminated in the Second Round by Costa Rica.
He later fell out with Al Ahly’s management over lack of playing time, especially after the return of Portuguese boss Manuel Jose, but played a total of 10 games for the Cairo giants, scoring and assisting twice.
Highlights of Afroto: