Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Official: Afroto joins Azerbaijani club
Al Ahly’s attacking midfielder Mostafa Mohamed Selim, more commonly known as ‘Afroto’ has signed for Azerbaijan Premier League side FK Qarabagh.
23-year-old Afroto (or Little Genie) joins Qarabagh on a free from Al Ahly as the Egyptian champions didn’t see him in their future plans and refused to extend his contract.
Afroto was on loan at Al Ittihad Al Sakandary (Union Alexandria) this season, but only managed to score a goal in 8 appearances prior to the season’s cancellation following the Port Said tragedy.
Afroto was regarded as one of the hottest upcoming prospects in Egyptian football after his impressive displays at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt, where he scored 2 superb goals before Egypt were eliminated in the Second Round by Costa Rica.
He later fell out with Al Ahly’s management over lack of playing time, especially after the return of Portuguese boss Manuel Jose, but played a total of 10 games for the Cairo giants, scoring and assisting twice.
Highlights of Afroto: