Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Mohamed Salah shines in Basel’s Champions League blow
Basel seemed in control for the majority of the match, dominating possession and scoring first just before halftime after a superb volley from captain Marco Streller. But Cluj’s Senegalese striker Modou Sougou managed to score a 2nd half brace within 5 minutes, which proved to be enough to secure a surprising victory for the visitors.
Mohamed Salah played the entire 90 minutes and was a handful throughout. He dictated the tempo in the first half and created numerous chances, but was also responsible for missing a glorious opportunity to equalize in the second half after his weak strike was easily saved by the keeper.
The Swiss champions will need to score at least 2 goals in Romania to keep their hopes of a UEFA Champions league group stage appearance alive this season.