Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Mohamed Salah shines in Basel’s Champions League blow
Basel seemed in control for the majority of the match, dominating possession and scoring first just before halftime after a superb volley from captain Marco Streller. But Cluj’s Senegalese striker Modou Sougou managed to score a 2nd half brace within 5 minutes, which proved to be enough to secure a surprising victory for the visitors.
Mohamed Salah played the entire 90 minutes and was a handful throughout. He dictated the tempo in the first half and created numerous chances, but was also responsible for missing a glorious opportunity to equalize in the second half after his weak strike was easily saved by the keeper.
The Swiss champions will need to score at least 2 goals in Romania to keep their hopes of a UEFA Champions league group stage appearance alive this season.