Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Mohamed Salah shines in Basel’s Champions League blow
Basel seemed in control for the majority of the match, dominating possession and scoring first just before halftime after a superb volley from captain Marco Streller. But Cluj’s Senegalese striker Modou Sougou managed to score a 2nd half brace within 5 minutes, which proved to be enough to secure a surprising victory for the visitors.
Mohamed Salah played the entire 90 minutes and was a handful throughout. He dictated the tempo in the first half and created numerous chances, but was also responsible for missing a glorious opportunity to equalize in the second half after his weak strike was easily saved by the keeper.
The Swiss champions will need to score at least 2 goals in Romania to keep their hopes of a UEFA Champions league group stage appearance alive this season.