Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Mohamed Salah shines in Basel’s Champions League blow
Basel seemed in control for the majority of the match, dominating possession and scoring first just before halftime after a superb volley from captain Marco Streller. But Cluj’s Senegalese striker Modou Sougou managed to score a 2nd half brace within 5 minutes, which proved to be enough to secure a surprising victory for the visitors.
Mohamed Salah played the entire 90 minutes and was a handful throughout. He dictated the tempo in the first half and created numerous chances, but was also responsible for missing a glorious opportunity to equalize in the second half after his weak strike was easily saved by the keeper.
The Swiss champions will need to score at least 2 goals in Romania to keep their hopes of a UEFA Champions league group stage appearance alive this season.