KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
EFA postpone league opener for one month
The domestic competition, which was set to kick off on September 17, has once again been postponed; and is now scheduled to start on October 17.
The decision was made after a meeting between the FA, Ministry of Sports and Ministry of Interior officials on Saturday, following the recent attacks on the EFA headquarters by Ultras Ahlawy.
The Ultras also issued a deadly ultimatum on Friday night, threatening to storm the Borg El-Arab stadium to prevent the Super Cup game between Al Ahly and ENPPI from happening, but have today backtracked on their decision to avoid further innocent bloodshed.