Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
EFA postpone league opener for one month
The domestic competition, which was set to kick off on September 17, has once again been postponed; and is now scheduled to start on October 17.
The decision was made after a meeting between the FA, Ministry of Sports and Ministry of Interior officials on Saturday, following the recent attacks on the EFA headquarters by Ultras Ahlawy.
The Ultras also issued a deadly ultimatum on Friday night, threatening to storm the Borg El-Arab stadium to prevent the Super Cup game between Al Ahly and ENPPI from happening, but have today backtracked on their decision to avoid further innocent bloodshed.