Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Ultras Ahlawy backtrack on decision to storm Super Cup
Ultras Ahlawy have backtracked on their deadly ultimatum to storm the Borg El-Arab Stadium that will host Sunday’s Super Cup match in Alexandria, just hours before they were set to travel.
The group once again took to Facebook to announce that they’ll no longer be traveling to stop the Super Cup match between Al Ahly and ENPPI from taking place, in order to prevent more innocent bloodshed.
“The interior ministry is once again doing its dirty work by inciting some Egyptian citizens to attack fellow Egyptians,” read the statement on the Ultras Ahlawy Facebook page.
Despite this postponement, Sports Minister El-Amry Farouk insisted that the Super Cup match will go on as planned, even after the Ultras claimed they would die before it’s played.
“The decision to postpone the Egyptian League is one of our gains, but it’s not our only demand. We refuse to engage in any clashes that might lead to a shedding of blood,” continued the statement.
“We wholly reject to turn it into a confrontation with fellow citizens… so we announce that we have cancelled tomorrow’s gathering (in Cairo) that was supposed to be followed by a travel to Alexandria,” they added.
More to follow…