Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
EXCLUSIVE: EFA’s hunt begins for Alexander the Pharaoh
KingFut.com understands that the Egyptian FA are attempting to contact ‘Denmark’s Ronaldinho’, Alexander Jakobsen, to represent the Young Pharaohs.
18-year-old Alexander Jakobsen, or Amir Adel, is an attacking midfielder who recently joined PSV Eindhoven’s youth team, and is the son of former Al Ahly and Egypt national team player Adel Ahmed and a Danish mother.
Alex has been hailed as ‘Denmark’s Ronaldinho’ since he was 14; due to his incredible ball handling, skills, tricks, and of course, the staunch resemblance to the legendary Brazilian.
KingFut can reveal that EFA are now attempting to get the Copenhagen-born midfielder to represent Egypt’s U20 national team, and have called upon Egyptian agent Islam Issa, a friend of Alexander, to convince the young Dane.
Jakobsen truly shined with FC Copenhagen’s U15s during the 2008-09 season, where he scored 27 goals and assisted 41 in 37 games.
The Egyptian-Danish starlet has been previously courted by Barcelona and Real Madrid, but was extremely close to joining Liverpool’s academy under Rafa Benitez after impressing during trials.
Jakobsen is currently a part of PSV’s squad at The NextGen Series, but remained as an unused sub in their 1-0 win over Aston Villa a few weeks ago.
LATEST: Alexander Jakobsen’s father, Adel Ahmed, has agreed to let the Egyptian-Danish starlet represent Egypt U20s, as long as the EFA send PSV the plane ticket tomorrow.
More to follow…
Watch ‘Denmark’s Ronaldinho’ in action when he was 14:
Click here to watch a more recent compilation of the Egyptian-Danish starlet.