Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
VIDEO: Twist ‘n Shika – Wonder boy Shikabala impresses on Wasl debut
Egyptian playmaker and winger Mahmoud Abdel Razek, famously known as Shikabala, marked his official debut for his new Emirates-based club Al Wasl in style with a goal and a host of tricks as Al Wasl beat Ittihad Kalbaa by four goals to two in the Etisalat Emirates Cup.
Already receiving plaudits from his manager and fans alike, Shikabala did no wrong on his debut and was quick to get involved in the goals for Al Wasl. The in-form Shikabala whipped in a cross from a corner that was headed into the path of Australian veteran Lucas Neill for a simple tap-in.
Shikabala dazzled the spectators with his skills in the second half, drawing praise from the Al Wasl fans, the commentator, and of course, the Zamalek fans at the stadium. Shikabala scored his debut goal in the 77th minute from a free-kick on the edge of the box as the ball was whipped in to be deflected by Kalbaa’s defender straight into the net past the goalkeeper.
The controversial playmaker celebrated by revealing a shirt with the words “Anyone but the Prophet of God”, condemning the recent viral YouTube video which insulted the Prophet Muhammad.
With Al Wasl playing with 10 men, Shikabala had the chance to double his tally in the 79th minute after neatly dribbling past 3 defenders, only for his shot to be parried away by Kalbaa’s keeper.
Shikabala continued his fine run of form and showboating skills throughout the game as Al Wasl finally secured the victory after scoring the fourth from the spot to go through to the next round.
Shikabala signed for Al Wasl on a season-long loan on a $1.25 million deal after falling out with former Zamalek coach Hassan Shehata.
Watch highlights of Al Wasl 4-2 Ittihad Kalbaa below:
Watch extended highlights of Shikabala’s debut below:
Thanks to Ziad Ibrahim for also monitoring the match for King Fut.