Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
VIDEO: Twist ‘n Shika – Wonder boy Shikabala impresses on Wasl debut
Egyptian playmaker and winger Mahmoud Abdel Razek, famously known as Shikabala, marked his official debut for his new Emirates-based club Al Wasl in style with a goal and a host of tricks as Al Wasl beat Ittihad Kalbaa by four goals to two in the Etisalat Emirates Cup.
Already receiving plaudits from his manager and fans alike, Shikabala did no wrong on his debut and was quick to get involved in the goals for Al Wasl. The in-form Shikabala whipped in a cross from a corner that was headed into the path of Australian veteran Lucas Neill for a simple tap-in.
Shikabala dazzled the spectators with his skills in the second half, drawing praise from the Al Wasl fans, the commentator, and of course, the Zamalek fans at the stadium. Shikabala scored his debut goal in the 77th minute from a free-kick on the edge of the box as the ball was whipped in to be deflected by Kalbaa’s defender straight into the net past the goalkeeper.
The controversial playmaker celebrated by revealing a shirt with the words “Anyone but the Prophet of God”, condemning the recent viral YouTube video which insulted the Prophet Muhammad.
With Al Wasl playing with 10 men, Shikabala had the chance to double his tally in the 79th minute after neatly dribbling past 3 defenders, only for his shot to be parried away by Kalbaa’s keeper.
Shikabala continued his fine run of form and showboating skills throughout the game as Al Wasl finally secured the victory after scoring the fourth from the spot to go through to the next round.
Shikabala signed for Al Wasl on a season-long loan on a $1.25 million deal after falling out with former Zamalek coach Hassan Shehata.
Watch highlights of Al Wasl 4-2 Ittihad Kalbaa below:
Watch extended highlights of Shikabala’s debut below:
Thanks to Ziad Ibrahim for also monitoring the match for King Fut.