An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
FIFA 13 Review: Egypt’s squad and ratings
Here at King Fut, we’re big fans of EA Sports’ FIFA collection. Having received the 2013 edition a few days early, we’d like to exclusively reveal Egypt’s squad and ratings in the game.
Unfortunately, the 2013 edition is another disappointment in regards to Egypt’s squad selection in the game. EA obviously used the most recent team that featured under coach Bob Bradley (a friendly against Oman) as the foundation of the squad. The team that featured against Oman was a much depleted squad; Ahly and Zamalek both refused to release most of their players to the national team due to their CAF Champions League preparations, Shikabala was yet to be recalled, and most of the European-based Egyptians had to focus with their new clubs during pre-season. The result is a very depleted 3-star Egypt squad in FIFA 13 – consisting of a large portion of Olympic players, who were given senior caps in the friendly after representing Egypt at London 2012.
List of Egypt’s squad and ratings in FIFA 13:
- Essam El-Hadary – 70
- Mohamed Bassam – 62
- Aly Lotfi – 62
No Ahmed El-Shennawy, Sherif Ekramy or Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed, shame.
- Wael Gomaa – 73
- Ouka – 64 (Ahmed Said ‘Okka’)
- Mahmoud Alaa – 59
- Sayed Moawad – 66
- Ahmed Samir Farag – 63
- Milo – 60 (Islam Ramadan)
If only Zamalek released Abdel-Shafy (Egypt’s starting LB) against Oman… and apparently Egypt don’t have a right-back.
- Ahmed Fathy – 65
- Ahmed Hassan – 64
- Hossam Hassan – 61
- Mohamed El-Nenny – 60
- Hosni – 72 (Abd-Rabo)
- Hossam Ghaly – 68
- Hossam Ashour – 61
- Mohammed Aboutrika – 77
- Ahmed Elmohamady – 72
- Basem Ali – 65
- Ahmed Magdi – 65
Seems EA haven’t realized it’s been years since Ahmed Fathy’s played regularly as a defensive midfielder. El-Nenny Egypt’s worst CDM?
- Mohamed El-Gabbas – 65
- Marwan Mohsen – 62
- Ahmed Hassan Mekky – 61
Luckily, this depleted squad can be slightly improved after adding the Pharaohs abroad who never featured against Oman, hence, weren’t included.
Egypt-eligible Pharaohs Abroad in FIFA 13:
- CB – Ahmed Hegazy (Fiorentina) – 65
- CB – Adam El-Abd (Brighton Hove & Albion) – 64
- LW – Mohamed Salah (FC Basel) – 70
- ST – Mido (Barnsley FC) – 69
- ST – Hassan (Rio Ave) – 61 (Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’)
Mido Egypt’s best striker? I certainly had to recall him. EA also use Salah Soliman’s picture for Ahmed Hegazy, very annoying.
The kits are very similar to the Egypt Olympic teams’ at London 2012, without the Adidas sponsor, though. Red and white home kit (very Arsenal-like) and white and black for away.
Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire and South Africa are the other African international teams to choose from in FIFA 13.