The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
VIDEO: Okka’s first goal keeps Lierse unbeaten in seven
Egypt international centre-back Ahmed Said ‘Okka’ scored his first goal for Lierse to extend their unbeaten run to 7 straight games after holding Waasland-Beveren 1-1 in the Belgian league.
Okka, who is on a six-month loan at Lierse from parent club Wadi Degla, scored from the spot on the 23rd minute after former Zamalek midfielder Hussein Yasser was tripped inside the box.
Another Pharaoh, Mohamed ‘Dodo’ Elgabas, came off the bench with 10 minutes remaining and struck the bar with a vicious left-footer from short-range.
The miss proved crucial as Israeli Barak Badash equalized for Beveren in the final 4 minutes from a corner.
Lierse’s set-piece master Ahmed Samir Farag wasn’t in the squad after suffering a serious knee injury on Friday, which will keep him out of action for at least 6 months.
Okka is one of nine foreign-based players who have been called up by Egypt to face Iran and Tunisia in friendlies scheduled for October 12th and 16th respectively, but Dodo missed out.
Lierse move to 11th place in the Jupiler Pro League with nine points from eight games; having only lost their opener against Gent (2-0) and only won against Cercle Brugge (3-0).
Click here to watch full highlights of the match, including Dodo’s missed opportunity.