Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns is the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
UAE round-up: Shikabala assists as the Emperor fail to seal victory
In another exciting week of UAE Pro League action, Shikabala’s Al Wasl faced Al Nasr in one of the biggest clashes of the second round.
Unfortunately for Al Wasl, they failed to get the victory this time and gained just a point after a thrilling 2-2 draw – despite taking the lead twice in this encounter. Egyptian international Shikabala blew hot and cold. He was almost anonymous during the first period, registering just 2 shots on target, and misplacing a couple of passes as well – very un-Shikabala like.
However, the talismanic winger improved in the 2nd half, providing the assist to Al Wasl’s second after showing a neat, trademark Shika piece of skill and fed the ball to his partner-in-crime- Uruguayan Emiliano Alfaro- who gladly accepted the gift and finished it into an empty net, his 5th goal this season in just 2 games.
Shikabala also tried his best to grab the winner for his side through his well-renowned left foot, but none of his shots threatened the keeper – it just wasn’t his day.
Watch all of Shika’s touches below:
Despite this blow, Baniyas were able to overcome and earned a valuable win and the three points with a 2-0 win against Ittihad.
Australian international Nick Carne was the star man, providing both assists for Benlamaalem and their main man after Zidan (cool, it rhymes), Sengahor, who displayed his physical prowess to fend off two Ittihad defenders and finished emphatically to open his account for the season.
Omar Almasri is the owner of the world football website O-Posts and is an expert on Middle Eastern football. Omar will be covering the fortunes of the UAE Pro League on KingFut.com and you can follow him on Twitter @OAlmasri.