KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
VIDEO: Adam El-Abd’s performance in Egypt’s 3-0 win over Congo
Adam El-Abd won his second cap for Egypt on Friday as the Treika-inspired Pharaohs eased to a 3-0 victory over Congo in Sharjah.
Mohamed Abou-Treika, retained his place with the national team after a meeting earlier this month with Bob Bradley, despite serving a two-month ban by Al-Ahly for refusing to participate in the controversial Egypt Super Cup.
Abou-Treika wore the captain’s armband and paid his dues with a brace and provided Gedo’s goal (Egypt’s 2nd); all within 5 minutes before half-time.
Brighton’s Adam El-Abd replaced Hossam Ghaly at half-time to partner young Fiorentina centre-back Ahmed Hegazy in the heart of defense and produced a rock solid performance to help protect the Pharaohs’ three-goal lead.
The Albion defender also combined well on the right flank with fellow Championship-based Pharaoh, Hull City’s Ahmed Elmohamady.
El-Abd would often shift over to the right to cover for ‘Elmo’, who was also impressive, as he continuously soared down the right-wing.
Egypt next play North African rivals Tunisia on Tuesday to conclude the camp in Dubai.
Egypt’s line-up was the following:
Sherif Ekramy – Ahmed Fathi (Elmohamady), Hossam Ghaly (Adam El-Abd), Ahmed Hegazy, Mohamed Abdel-Shafy – Hosni Abd-Rabo (Saleh Gomaa), Hossam Ashour (El-Nenny), Mohamed Abou-Treika, Mohamed Salah – Ahmed Hassan Mekki (Mohamed Ibrahim), Gedo (Ahmed Temsah)
Watch second half highlights and Adam El-Abd’s involvement against Congo below: