Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
VIDEO: Al Ahly 1-0 Sunshine Stars
Al Ahly set for their 9th CAF Champions League final as Gedo’s goal sends them to meet North African rivals Esparance.
A quality goal by Gedo helped shed some light for Al Ahly at the empty Air Defense Stadium, meaning that the Egyptians are through to the CAF Champions League final for the first time since 2008 with a 4-3 aggregate win over Nigeria’s Sunshine Stars.
Six-time champions Al Ahly will meet current champions Esperance of Tunisia for the crown of Africa’s top club-competition.
Ahly are still facing extreme issues, including their own Ultras protesting against them to stop all football activities until justice is served for the martyrs of February’s Port Said tragedy.
Players from various clubs, led by Zamalek’s Ahmed Hassan, also protested against Al Ahly ahead of tonight’s match as they feel it’s unfair for Ahly to enjoy continental football while their clubs suffer after this season’s Egyptian Premier League was again postponed.
The first leg between Ahly and Esperance will be held between November 2-4 in Cairo, and the 2nd leg on November 16-18 in Rades, Tunisia.
Stay tuned for KingFut‘s extensive preview ahead of the fierce continental final.
Follow @King_Fut on Twitter.
(Image courtesy of Ahram Sports)