Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Al Ahly 1-0 Sunshine Stars
Al Ahly set for their 9th CAF Champions League final as Gedo’s goal sends them to meet North African rivals Esparance.
A quality goal by Gedo helped shed some light for Al Ahly at the empty Air Defense Stadium, meaning that the Egyptians are through to the CAF Champions League final for the first time since 2008 with a 4-3 aggregate win over Nigeria’s Sunshine Stars.
Six-time champions Al Ahly will meet current champions Esperance of Tunisia for the crown of Africa’s top club-competition.
Ahly are still facing extreme issues, including their own Ultras protesting against them to stop all football activities until justice is served for the martyrs of February’s Port Said tragedy.
Players from various clubs, led by Zamalek’s Ahmed Hassan, also protested against Al Ahly ahead of tonight’s match as they feel it’s unfair for Ahly to enjoy continental football while their clubs suffer after this season’s Egyptian Premier League was again postponed.
The first leg between Ahly and Esperance will be held between November 2-4 in Cairo, and the 2nd leg on November 16-18 in Rades, Tunisia.
Stay tuned for KingFut‘s extensive preview ahead of the fierce continental final.
Follow @King_Fut on Twitter.
(Image courtesy of Ahram Sports)