Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
VIDEO: Al Ahly 1-0 Sunshine Stars
Al Ahly set for their 9th CAF Champions League final as Gedo’s goal sends them to meet North African rivals Esparance.
A quality goal by Gedo helped shed some light for Al Ahly at the empty Air Defense Stadium, meaning that the Egyptians are through to the CAF Champions League final for the first time since 2008 with a 4-3 aggregate win over Nigeria’s Sunshine Stars.
Six-time champions Al Ahly will meet current champions Esperance of Tunisia for the crown of Africa’s top club-competition.
Ahly are still facing extreme issues, including their own Ultras protesting against them to stop all football activities until justice is served for the martyrs of February’s Port Said tragedy.
Players from various clubs, led by Zamalek’s Ahmed Hassan, also protested against Al Ahly ahead of tonight’s match as they feel it’s unfair for Ahly to enjoy continental football while their clubs suffer after this season’s Egyptian Premier League was again postponed.
The first leg between Ahly and Esperance will be held between November 2-4 in Cairo, and the 2nd leg on November 16-18 in Rades, Tunisia.
Stay tuned for KingFut‘s extensive preview ahead of the fierce continental final.
Follow @King_Fut on Twitter.
(Image courtesy of Ahram Sports)