Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Egypt legends Ahmed Hassan & Abou-Treika select their World XI
The FIFA/FIFPro World XI is chosen by over 50,000 professional football players worldwide, who vote for the year’s best players – 4 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 strikers, and of course, a goalkeeper. FIFPro have been recently travelling from club to club to invite players to participate in the 2012 vote for the World XI award. Yesterday, they visited Egypt.
Here’s who they chose…
Ahmed Hassan’s 2012 FIFA FIFPro World XI: Petr Čech; Patrice Evra, Pepe, Carles Puyol, Sergio Ramos; Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya Toure; Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi & Neymar.
Quite a solid and unbiased XI from the most capped player in the world, who’s a passionate Real Madrid fan.
Treika’s 2012 FIFA FIFPro World XI: Iker Casillas; Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidić, Carles Puyol, Daniel Alves; Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc Fàbregas; Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi & Didier Drogba.
Abou-Treika added, “I picked Lionel Messi. I think he is still the best player in the world, although my colleagues say Cristiano Ronaldo..”
Clearly a Barcelona fan.
Vidić? Fàbregas? I personally see this line-up being more suitable for 2011…
Ahmed Hassan and Abou-Treika talk with FIFPro (English subtitles):
Do you agree with either of these legendary Pharaohs’ selections? Would the likes of van Persie, Hummels or Pirlo make your cut? Let us know by leaving your best XI below…