The UEFA Champions League trophy will visit Cairo on a two-day tour...
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
Egypt legends Ahmed Hassan & Abou-Treika select their World XI
The FIFA/FIFPro World XI is chosen by over 50,000 professional football players worldwide, who vote for the year’s best players – 4 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 strikers, and of course, a goalkeeper. FIFPro have been recently travelling from club to club to invite players to participate in the 2012 vote for the World XI award. Yesterday, they visited Egypt.
Here’s who they chose…
Ahmed Hassan’s 2012 FIFA FIFPro World XI: Petr Čech; Patrice Evra, Pepe, Carles Puyol, Sergio Ramos; Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya Toure; Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi & Neymar.
Quite a solid and unbiased XI from the most capped player in the world, who’s a passionate Real Madrid fan.
Treika’s 2012 FIFA FIFPro World XI: Iker Casillas; Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidić, Carles Puyol, Daniel Alves; Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc Fàbregas; Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi & Didier Drogba.
Abou-Treika added, “I picked Lionel Messi. I think he is still the best player in the world, although my colleagues say Cristiano Ronaldo..”
Clearly a Barcelona fan.
Vidić? Fàbregas? I personally see this line-up being more suitable for 2011…
Ahmed Hassan and Abou-Treika talk with FIFPro (English subtitles):
Do you agree with either of these legendary Pharaohs’ selections? Would the likes of van Persie, Hummels or Pirlo make your cut? Let us know by leaving your best XI below…