KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
FIFA Futsal World Cup 2012: The Pharaohs still believe
The Pharaohs need a positive result in their match tonight in their Group E clash against the Czech Republic in the FIFA Futsal World Cup taking place in Thailand, after losing 1-3 to Serbia in their opening match of the tournament last Saturday.
In a tight and defensive oriented affair at Bangkok’s Huamark Indoor Stadium, the Serbs were able to put three goals in the Egyptian net after a goalless first-half. However, Egypt coach Badr Khalil believes that his team deserved more from the game and is confident that they can beat the Czechs as he told FIFA.com “I’m still very, very confident that my team will be there in the last 16. I watched the match between Czech Republic and Kuwait, and it is my opinion that we are much stronger than both these teams. I really believe that.”
The Czechs will be going into the match high on confidence after beating Kuwait 3-2 in their first match and are second in the group behind Serbia only on goal difference.
Good luck to the Pharaohs.
Follow King Fut on Twitter.