Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
VIDEO: FIFA Futsal World Cup 2012 – Pharaohs back on track
The Pharaohs have revived their hopes of a place in the last 16 with a strong victorious display against the Czech Republic , winning 7-2 at Bangkok’s Huamark Indoor Stadium.
The win means that Egypt lies in second place on goal difference from the Czechs and only needs to match the Czechs result against Serbia when they play bottom placed Kuwait (both matches will be played on Friday) to guarantee their passage to the next round. Earlier in the day, Serbia secured their qualification by beating Kuwait, also 7-2.
Although the Pharaohs were shocked to concede an early goal against the run of play, the Egyptian team didn’t panic and overturned the deficit ending the first half 2-1. A good second half performance and a hat-trick from Ramadan Hamasry helped put the result beyond doubt.
Egypt coach Badr Khalil was full of praise for his players after the match on FIFA.com: “I promised we would win this match and I’m glad that we lived up to that promise. I’m very pleased with my players, and not only with the way they played but also with their strong mentality.”
Worth noting that Egypt chances are boosted as FIFA Futsal World Cup regulations states that the top two teams from each group qualify to the next round in addition to the best four third-placed teams.
Good luck to the Pharaohs.
Follow King Fut on Twitter.