Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
VIDEO: FIFA Futsal World Cup 2012 – Pharaohs back on track
The Pharaohs have revived their hopes of a place in the last 16 with a strong victorious display against the Czech Republic , winning 7-2 at Bangkok’s Huamark Indoor Stadium.
The win means that Egypt lies in second place on goal difference from the Czechs and only needs to match the Czechs result against Serbia when they play bottom placed Kuwait (both matches will be played on Friday) to guarantee their passage to the next round. Earlier in the day, Serbia secured their qualification by beating Kuwait, also 7-2.
Although the Pharaohs were shocked to concede an early goal against the run of play, the Egyptian team didn’t panic and overturned the deficit ending the first half 2-1. A good second half performance and a hat-trick from Ramadan Hamasry helped put the result beyond doubt.
Egypt coach Badr Khalil was full of praise for his players after the match on FIFA.com: “I promised we would win this match and I’m glad that we lived up to that promise. I’m very pleased with my players, and not only with the way they played but also with their strong mentality.”
Worth noting that Egypt chances are boosted as FIFA Futsal World Cup regulations states that the top two teams from each group qualify to the next round in addition to the best four third-placed teams.
Good luck to the Pharaohs.
Follow King Fut on Twitter.