Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
VIDEO: Pharaohs Abroad
KingFut recap the Pharaohs Abroad from various leagues over the weekend…
Friday, November 16th
The Bulldozer made his first league start for Elaziğspor since September, but was substituted in the 70th minute. His replacement, Serdar Gurler, scored the equalizer in Elaziğ’s 1-1 draw at Istanbul Buyuksehir.
Saturday, November 17th
Ahmed Elmohamady – Birmingham City 2-3 Hull City – npower Championship
Ahmed Elmohamady passed a late fitness test and played the full 90 minutes in the Tigers’ 3-2 win over Birmingham City. Hull City remain in the play-off zone in 4th place.
Adam El-Abd – Huddersfield Town 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion – npower Championship
El-Abd missed the Seagulls’ 2-1 win over Huddersfield as he’s still recovering from a hamstring strain.
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ – Barnsley FC 1-1 Bolton Wanderers – npower Championship
Mido wasn’t in the squad that drew 1-1 with Bolton.
Hany Ramzy coaches the Belgian Pharaohs – Lierse SK 2-0 KAA Gent – Jupiler Pro League
Egypt’s first manager in Europe – Hany Ramzy – guided Lierse to a 2-0 victory over Gent on his debut. Egyptian center-half Ahmed Said ‘Okka’ played the full 90 minutes for the Belgian league strugglers, producing a solid display to hold onto a clean-sheet with an African-flavoured back-four, while Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabbas entered the pitch in the 68 minute. It should be noted that former Ismaily left wing-back Ahmed Samir Farag is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
Sunday, November 18
Ahmed Hegazy: Fiorentina 4-1 Atalanta – Serie A
The young Egyptian prodigy finally made his Fiorentina debut after coming on as a second-half substitute in their 4-1 victory over Atalanta. Hegazy replaced Argentinian defender Facundo Roncaglia. The game was already decided but Ahmed Hegazy looked solid on his official Viola debut. Hegazy won a few challenges, looked comfortable in possession and was praised for his physique.
Mohamed Salah: Basel FC 4-0 Grashoppers Zurich
Egyptian hotshot Salah came as a substitute in the 65th minute for the Red and Blue and played a crucial role in creating the fourth goal in their 4-0 win over Grasshoppers.
Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’: Dabba Fujaira 2-1 Al Wasl
Shikabala returned to action in the UAE after missing his side’s win against Mohamed Zidan’s Bani Yas in the cup last week. Shika enjoyed another 90 minutes, but couldn’t help Al Wasl as they succumbed to a 2-1 defeat against Dabba Fujaira.