Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Pharaohs Abroad Recap: A week of mixed results
King Fut’s weekly coverage of Pharaohs Abroad continues…
Hull City secured an impressive 2-1 away victory over fellow promotion hopefuls -Kuwaiti owned- Nottingham Forest. Ahmed Elmohamady again played a solid 90 minutes. Hull City remain in the play-off zone in 5th place level on points with Middlesbrough.
Adam El-Abd – Crystal Palace 3-0 Brighton & Hove Albion
Crystal Palace thumped 10-man Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 to stay in the top two of the Championship table. El-Abd missed the game as he’s still recovering from a hamstring strain and wasn’t eeven in the squad although he was on the bench in the previous match. Turning point in the match was when defender Lewis Dunk was sent off as early as in the eighth minute.
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ – Watford 4-1 Barnsley FC
Mido wasn’t in the squad that were heavily beaten 1-4 by Watford. Barnsley are just two poins above the relegation zone.
After finally making his Fiorentina debut and scoring in his first start for the club in their 2-0 Coppa Italia win against Juve Stabia midweek. The Nesta of the pyramids remained as an unused sub in the Viola’s 2-2 home draw with Sampdoria. Fiorentina slips to fifth in the table.
Mohamed Salah: FC Basel 1-0 St. Gallen – Swiss Super League
Egyptian starlet Salah came on in the 62min for the Red and Blue and played an important role in winning the penalty which was expertly converted by Streller. This goal proved to be crucial as it pushed FC Basel ahead of St. Gallen into 2nd spot before the mid-season break in the Super League. Salah could have capped his fine performance with a wonder goal after a messi-like run through St. Gallen defence however his finish was poor in the hands of the goal keeper.
Next up for Salah and co. is a Europa league tie against Genk and a match in the Swiss Cup, while the Swiss super league will rsume in February 2013.
Hany Ramzy’s Lierse SK 0-3 Mons– Jupiler Pro League
Egypt’s first manager in Europe – Hany Ramzy – suffered a heavy home defeat 0-3 against Mons. Egyptian center-half Ahmed Said ‘Okka’ started the match for the Belgian outfit, and was booked late on in the first half. Dodo El Gabbas came on as a substitute for the second half but couldn’t help Ramzy’s men.
Follow @King_Fut on Twitter.