The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
VIDEO: Young Pharaoh ‘Koka’ scores first goal for Rio Ave
19-year-old Egyptian starlet Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ netted his first goal for Portuguese club Rio Ave in a League Cup defeat to Paços Ferreira.
The Egyptian teenager came on as a second-half substitute in his side’s 3-2 loss to Paços in the Taça da Liga, scoring a consolation goal in the 94th minute.
This is Ahmed Hassan’s 3rd appearance with Rio Ave’s senior team after proving to be a constant threat in his two previous appearances. A goal-line clearance stopped Koka from scoring on his debut in injury time earlier this month, seconds after coming on.
‘Koka’ joined Rio Ave from Egyptian champions Al Ahly last year after controversially rescinding his amateur contract with the club.
This is Rio’s first game in the Portuguese League Cup, where they are featured in Group C along with Maritimo and Sporting Lisbon.