Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
VIDEO: Young Pharaoh ‘Koka’ scores first goal for Rio Ave
19-year-old Egyptian starlet Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ netted his first goal for Portuguese club Rio Ave in a League Cup defeat to Paços Ferreira.
The Egyptian teenager came on as a second-half substitute in his side’s 3-2 loss to Paços in the Taça da Liga, scoring a consolation goal in the 94th minute.
This is Ahmed Hassan’s 3rd appearance with Rio Ave’s senior team after proving to be a constant threat in his two previous appearances. A goal-line clearance stopped Koka from scoring on his debut in injury time earlier this month, seconds after coming on.
‘Koka’ joined Rio Ave from Egyptian champions Al Ahly last year after controversially rescinding his amateur contract with the club.
This is Rio’s first game in the Portuguese League Cup, where they are featured in Group C along with Maritimo and Sporting Lisbon.