An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Official: Zamalek capture Ahmed Eid from Harras El-Hodoud
Zamalek have completed the signing of veteran Egypt international Ahmed Eid from Harras El-Hodoud.
After years of negotiations, Zamalek have finally reached an agreement with Harras El-Hodoud over the transfer of the 32-year-old forward today.
Ahmed Eid Abdel-Malek, who’s contract with Hodoud was set to expire this June, has signed with the White Knights on a two-and-a-half year deal for EGP 700,000 ($106,669).
According to Ahram Sports, he will receive one million EGP in the first season, 2.5 million in the second and three million in the third season with Zamalek.
The Egypt international, who started his career with Zamalek’s youth team, has been at Harras El-Hodoud since 2004, helping the club to back-to-back Egypt Cup titles in 2009 and 2010, and also the Egyptian Super Cup in 2009.
Harras were last year’s league-leaders before the cancellation of the 2011/2012 Egyptian Premier League season, following the tragedy of Port Said.
Ahmed Eid will not travel with the squad to the UAE for the upcoming Matchworld Cup – a four-team friendly tournament featuring the White Knights, Zenit St Petersburg, Shakhtar Donetsk and Al-Hilal FC.
Al-Ahly are also on the verge of signing Egypt striker Ahmed Abdul-Zaher from ENPPI for EGP 3.5 m, according to football director Hussein Amin.