Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
Official: Zamalek capture Ahmed Eid from Harras El-Hodoud
Zamalek have completed the signing of veteran Egypt international Ahmed Eid from Harras El-Hodoud.
After years of negotiations, Zamalek have finally reached an agreement with Harras El-Hodoud over the transfer of the 32-year-old forward today.
Ahmed Eid Abdel-Malek, who’s contract with Hodoud was set to expire this June, has signed with the White Knights on a two-and-a-half year deal for EGP 700,000 ($106,669).
According to Ahram Sports, he will receive one million EGP in the first season, 2.5 million in the second and three million in the third season with Zamalek.
The Egypt international, who started his career with Zamalek’s youth team, has been at Harras El-Hodoud since 2004, helping the club to back-to-back Egypt Cup titles in 2009 and 2010, and also the Egyptian Super Cup in 2009.
Harras were last year’s league-leaders before the cancellation of the 2011/2012 Egyptian Premier League season, following the tragedy of Port Said.
Ahmed Eid will not travel with the squad to the UAE for the upcoming Matchworld Cup – a four-team friendly tournament featuring the White Knights, Zenit St Petersburg, Shakhtar Donetsk and Al-Hilal FC.
Al-Ahly are also on the verge of signing Egypt striker Ahmed Abdul-Zaher from ENPPI for EGP 3.5 m, according to football director Hussein Amin.