Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Official: Al-Ahly sign Egypt striker Abdel-Zaher
“Abdel-Zaher will wear the Shirt of Ahly during the next four years and he will start the team’s training on Tuesday,” read a statement on the club’s official website.
Ahly are believed to have spent EGP 3.5 million for the Egypt international’s services, although the club did not disclose the transfer fee.
27-year-old Abdel-Zaher has been one of the Egyptian Premier League’s most prolific strikers over the past few seasons, finishing as the league’s joint top-scorer with Shikabala in the 2010-2011 season with 13 goals and also steering them to the Egyptian Cup title that same year.
Abdel-Zaher has nine Egypt caps to his name so far, scoring twice for the national team in friendlies against Australia and Kenya, but hasn’t featured since last April.
Abdel-Zaher told FilGoal, “I know that it won’t be easy for me because there are some decent strikers here like Emad Metab, Geddo and El-Sayed Hamdy, but I’m ready for the challenge.”
Al-Ahly are also reportedly closing in on Egypt international right wing-back Bassem Ali, with his agent claiming the deal is all but done.