Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
Official: Al-Ahly sign Egypt striker Abdel-Zaher
“Abdel-Zaher will wear the Shirt of Ahly during the next four years and he will start the team’s training on Tuesday,” read a statement on the club’s official website.
Ahly are believed to have spent EGP 3.5 million for the Egypt international’s services, although the club did not disclose the transfer fee.
27-year-old Abdel-Zaher has been one of the Egyptian Premier League’s most prolific strikers over the past few seasons, finishing as the league’s joint top-scorer with Shikabala in the 2010-2011 season with 13 goals and also steering them to the Egyptian Cup title that same year.
Abdel-Zaher has nine Egypt caps to his name so far, scoring twice for the national team in friendlies against Australia and Kenya, but hasn’t featured since last April.
Abdel-Zaher told FilGoal, “I know that it won’t be easy for me because there are some decent strikers here like Emad Metab, Geddo and El-Sayed Hamdy, but I’m ready for the challenge.”
Al-Ahly are also reportedly closing in on Egypt international right wing-back Bassem Ali, with his agent claiming the deal is all but done.