Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Official: Al-Ahly sign Egypt striker Abdel-Zaher
“Abdel-Zaher will wear the Shirt of Ahly during the next four years and he will start the team’s training on Tuesday,” read a statement on the club’s official website.
Ahly are believed to have spent EGP 3.5 million for the Egypt international’s services, although the club did not disclose the transfer fee.
27-year-old Abdel-Zaher has been one of the Egyptian Premier League’s most prolific strikers over the past few seasons, finishing as the league’s joint top-scorer with Shikabala in the 2010-2011 season with 13 goals and also steering them to the Egyptian Cup title that same year.
Abdel-Zaher has nine Egypt caps to his name so far, scoring twice for the national team in friendlies against Australia and Kenya, but hasn’t featured since last April.
Abdel-Zaher told FilGoal, “I know that it won’t be easy for me because there are some decent strikers here like Emad Metab, Geddo and El-Sayed Hamdy, but I’m ready for the challenge.”
Al-Ahly are also reportedly closing in on Egypt international right wing-back Bassem Ali, with his agent claiming the deal is all but done.