Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Official: Al-Ahly sign Egypt striker Abdel-Zaher
“Abdel-Zaher will wear the Shirt of Ahly during the next four years and he will start the team’s training on Tuesday,” read a statement on the club’s official website.
Ahly are believed to have spent EGP 3.5 million for the Egypt international’s services, although the club did not disclose the transfer fee.
27-year-old Abdel-Zaher has been one of the Egyptian Premier League’s most prolific strikers over the past few seasons, finishing as the league’s joint top-scorer with Shikabala in the 2010-2011 season with 13 goals and also steering them to the Egyptian Cup title that same year.
Abdel-Zaher has nine Egypt caps to his name so far, scoring twice for the national team in friendlies against Australia and Kenya, but hasn’t featured since last April.
Abdel-Zaher told FilGoal, “I know that it won’t be easy for me because there are some decent strikers here like Emad Metab, Geddo and El-Sayed Hamdy, but I’m ready for the challenge.”
Al-Ahly are also reportedly closing in on Egypt international right wing-back Bassem Ali, with his agent claiming the deal is all but done.