Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Official: Al-Ahly sign Egypt striker Abdel-Zaher
“Abdel-Zaher will wear the Shirt of Ahly during the next four years and he will start the team’s training on Tuesday,” read a statement on the club’s official website.
Ahly are believed to have spent EGP 3.5 million for the Egypt international’s services, although the club did not disclose the transfer fee.
27-year-old Abdel-Zaher has been one of the Egyptian Premier League’s most prolific strikers over the past few seasons, finishing as the league’s joint top-scorer with Shikabala in the 2010-2011 season with 13 goals and also steering them to the Egyptian Cup title that same year.
Abdel-Zaher has nine Egypt caps to his name so far, scoring twice for the national team in friendlies against Australia and Kenya, but hasn’t featured since last April.
Abdel-Zaher told FilGoal, “I know that it won’t be easy for me because there are some decent strikers here like Emad Metab, Geddo and El-Sayed Hamdy, but I’m ready for the challenge.”
Al-Ahly are also reportedly closing in on Egypt international right wing-back Bassem Ali, with his agent claiming the deal is all but done.