Egypt international Amr Warda scored his second PAOK goal as his side...
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
VIDEO: El-Nenny makes friendly debut with Basel
Mohamed El-Nenny and Egypt teammate Mohamed Salah, who have been training together for the past week with Basel at the club’s winter training camp, were both introduced in the second-half of the friendly against Bucharest in Spain.
The 21-year-old defensive midfielder was impressive on his debut, dishing out numerous of his trade-mark long balls from deep in midfield – including one that almost sent Mohamed Salah through on goal.
El-Nenny headed to Switzerland last week after featuring in Egypt’s 3-0 friendly loss to Ghana.
The Egypt international is expected to return to Cairo this week to “hopefully seal the deal,” said Arab Contractors board member Sherif Habib to SuperSport last month.
“It will be good for El-Nenny if he plays there [Basel] as well as for the club and the Egyptian National team,” Sherif added.
Former Arab Contractors teammate Mohamed Salah also joined Basel on trial last year, before signing with the club on a 4-year-deal in the summer.
Murat Yakin’s Basel are also set to play against Ferencvaros and Dinamo Kiev in Estepona, Spain.
Watch full highlights of the 1-1 draw:
Watch all of El-Nenny’s and Salah’s highlights:
Mohamed Salah comes extremely close to scoring: