Mali announced its squad for the 2017 U-20 African Cup of Nations...
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
VIDEO: El-Nenny makes friendly debut with Basel
Mohamed El-Nenny and Egypt teammate Mohamed Salah, who have been training together for the past week with Basel at the club’s winter training camp, were both introduced in the second-half of the friendly against Bucharest in Spain.
The 21-year-old defensive midfielder was impressive on his debut, dishing out numerous of his trade-mark long balls from deep in midfield – including one that almost sent Mohamed Salah through on goal.
El-Nenny headed to Switzerland last week after featuring in Egypt’s 3-0 friendly loss to Ghana.
The Egypt international is expected to return to Cairo this week to “hopefully seal the deal,” said Arab Contractors board member Sherif Habib to SuperSport last month.
“It will be good for El-Nenny if he plays there [Basel] as well as for the club and the Egyptian National team,” Sherif added.
Former Arab Contractors teammate Mohamed Salah also joined Basel on trial last year, before signing with the club on a 4-year-deal in the summer.
Murat Yakin’s Basel are also set to play against Ferencvaros and Dinamo Kiev in Estepona, Spain.
Watch full highlights of the 1-1 draw:
Watch all of El-Nenny’s and Salah’s highlights:
Mohamed Salah comes extremely close to scoring: