The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
VIDEO: El-Nenny makes friendly debut with Basel
Mohamed El-Nenny and Egypt teammate Mohamed Salah, who have been training together for the past week with Basel at the club’s winter training camp, were both introduced in the second-half of the friendly against Bucharest in Spain.
The 21-year-old defensive midfielder was impressive on his debut, dishing out numerous of his trade-mark long balls from deep in midfield – including one that almost sent Mohamed Salah through on goal.
El-Nenny headed to Switzerland last week after featuring in Egypt’s 3-0 friendly loss to Ghana.
The Egypt international is expected to return to Cairo this week to “hopefully seal the deal,” said Arab Contractors board member Sherif Habib to SuperSport last month.
“It will be good for El-Nenny if he plays there [Basel] as well as for the club and the Egyptian National team,” Sherif added.
Former Arab Contractors teammate Mohamed Salah also joined Basel on trial last year, before signing with the club on a 4-year-deal in the summer.
Murat Yakin’s Basel are also set to play against Ferencvaros and Dinamo Kiev in Estepona, Spain.
Watch full highlights of the 1-1 draw:
Watch all of El-Nenny’s and Salah’s highlights:
Mohamed Salah comes extremely close to scoring: