KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Egyptian Premier League: Fixtures announced
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) officially announced the fixtures for the first half of the 2012/2013 Premier League on Tuesday, as the newly formatted league is set to commence on February 2nd, following a year without domestic football.
Although the court is due to deliver a final verdict on the Port Said tragedy on January 26th 2013, just 7 days before the league’s scheduled re-start, while the Ultras Ahlawy (Al-Ahly’s hardcore supporters) demand that no domestic football will be played until justice is served, the EFA has announced the fixture list for the two-group 2012/2013 Egyptian Premier League season following a draw on Tuesday.
On February 2, Al-Ahly start their campaign away to Ghazl El-Mahalla – a fixture that saw massive crowd trouble last year with Mahalla fans invading the pitch in protest over a goal – while Zamalek host Ittihad of Alexandria in Cairo, followed by games against Police Union, El-Dakhleya and Petrojet.
Ahly’s following three matches are against Lierse’s parent club Wadi Degla, Smouha and Bani Sweif Telephones.
Cairo giants Al-Ahly and Zamalek, who’s home venues are yet to be confirmed, are separated each in a group among the top-flight Egyptian clubs.
Initial reports signals that games this season will be played behind closed doors.