Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Egyptian Premier League: Fixtures announced
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) officially announced the fixtures for the first half of the 2012/2013 Premier League on Tuesday, as the newly formatted league is set to commence on February 2nd, following a year without domestic football.
Although the court is due to deliver a final verdict on the Port Said tragedy on January 26th 2013, just 7 days before the league’s scheduled re-start, while the Ultras Ahlawy (Al-Ahly’s hardcore supporters) demand that no domestic football will be played until justice is served, the EFA has announced the fixture list for the two-group 2012/2013 Egyptian Premier League season following a draw on Tuesday.
On February 2, Al-Ahly start their campaign away to Ghazl El-Mahalla – a fixture that saw massive crowd trouble last year with Mahalla fans invading the pitch in protest over a goal – while Zamalek host Ittihad of Alexandria in Cairo, followed by games against Police Union, El-Dakhleya and Petrojet.
Ahly’s following three matches are against Lierse’s parent club Wadi Degla, Smouha and Bani Sweif Telephones.
Cairo giants Al-Ahly and Zamalek, who’s home venues are yet to be confirmed, are separated each in a group among the top-flight Egyptian clubs.
Initial reports signals that games this season will be played behind closed doors.