Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Egyptian Premier League: Fixtures announced
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) officially announced the fixtures for the first half of the 2012/2013 Premier League on Tuesday, as the newly formatted league is set to commence on February 2nd, following a year without domestic football.
Although the court is due to deliver a final verdict on the Port Said tragedy on January 26th 2013, just 7 days before the league’s scheduled re-start, while the Ultras Ahlawy (Al-Ahly’s hardcore supporters) demand that no domestic football will be played until justice is served, the EFA has announced the fixture list for the two-group 2012/2013 Egyptian Premier League season following a draw on Tuesday.
On February 2, Al-Ahly start their campaign away to Ghazl El-Mahalla – a fixture that saw massive crowd trouble last year with Mahalla fans invading the pitch in protest over a goal – while Zamalek host Ittihad of Alexandria in Cairo, followed by games against Police Union, El-Dakhleya and Petrojet.
Ahly’s following three matches are against Lierse’s parent club Wadi Degla, Smouha and Bani Sweif Telephones.
Cairo giants Al-Ahly and Zamalek, who’s home venues are yet to be confirmed, are separated each in a group among the top-flight Egyptian clubs.
Initial reports signals that games this season will be played behind closed doors.