Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Egyptian Premier League: Fixtures announced
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) officially announced the fixtures for the first half of the 2012/2013 Premier League on Tuesday, as the newly formatted league is set to commence on February 2nd, following a year without domestic football.
Although the court is due to deliver a final verdict on the Port Said tragedy on January 26th 2013, just 7 days before the league’s scheduled re-start, while the Ultras Ahlawy (Al-Ahly’s hardcore supporters) demand that no domestic football will be played until justice is served, the EFA has announced the fixture list for the two-group 2012/2013 Egyptian Premier League season following a draw on Tuesday.
On February 2, Al-Ahly start their campaign away to Ghazl El-Mahalla – a fixture that saw massive crowd trouble last year with Mahalla fans invading the pitch in protest over a goal – while Zamalek host Ittihad of Alexandria in Cairo, followed by games against Police Union, El-Dakhleya and Petrojet.
Ahly’s following three matches are against Lierse’s parent club Wadi Degla, Smouha and Bani Sweif Telephones.
Cairo giants Al-Ahly and Zamalek, who’s home venues are yet to be confirmed, are separated each in a group among the top-flight Egyptian clubs.
Initial reports signals that games this season will be played behind closed doors.