The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Yakin: El-Nenny the midfielder we need
Mohamed El-Nenny, who joined Egypt and former Arab Contractors teammate Mohamed Salah at FC Basel on trial last week, scored his first goal in only his second friendly appearance for the club against Hungarian side Ferencváros on Monday.
The 20-year-old Egyptian found the net one minute before half-time, after slotting home on the rebound following Marco Streller’s missed his penalty.
After the match, Basel coach Murat Yakin was full of praise for the young Egyptian, telling the club’s official website, “He (El-Nenny) is just the kind of midfielder we need.”
Arab Contractors president Mohamed Habib revealed on Sunday that El-Nenny is on the verge of signing for Basel, and expects negotiations to run smoothly.