Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
EXCLUSIVE: Hull on the verge of landing Al-Ahly duo Fathi and Gedo
KingFut.com understands that Al-Ahly right wing-back Ahmed Fathi and forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ are very close to moving to the KC Stadium on six-month loan deals, depending on how quickly the Ahly board issue their final approval of the offer as Egyptian-owned Hull City worry over work permit constraints.
Mamdouh Eid, the duo’s agent, told King Fut if Al-Ahly respond to the offers by today, the deal will likely go through.
Hossam El-Badry hinted last week that the club might be forced to accept their stars’ departures due to the club’s current financial situation, following a year without domestic football since the Port Said disaster.
El-Badry, who was naturally reluctant to allow his stars to leave at first, says he can’t deny the duo the chance to move to England as the future of this season’s Egyptian Premier League – which is supposed to resume this Saturday – remains unclear.
“The departure of Fathi and Gedo will leave a gap in the team and create tactical problems, that’s why I don’t want them to leave,” El-Badry told YallaKora.
“With the current situation and everything that Egyptian football is going through, it will be quite difficult to deny the duo the chance to play in England and take on a new opportunity although the team needs them.”
At the moment, Mamdouh Eid reported numbers to King Fut that would indicate Gedo should have his work permit to England granted with no problems, while Fathi might have an issue getting his due to the following:
The Egyptian national team played a total of eight competitive games last year, six of those were registered as first team fixtures while the other two matches as youth. Gedo played all 6 games for the first team thus surpassing the 75% required appearances with the NT, while Fathi played 5 games, thus under 70%.
As a result of the above, Gedo would likely get his work permit approved directly after applying, while there’s a possibility that Fathi may have his first application rejected but would likely have it approved upon an appeal due to his previous stint in the English Premier League with Sheffield United in 2007.
Ahmed Fathi told reporters on Monday that he’s hoping for a second adventure in England, “The chance of playing in England doesn’t happen every day, on personal level, I hope to experience overseas football again.”
“For sure I will not leave without Ahly’s consent, I just hope officials show some flexibility in negotiations to allow me move to Hull.”
Steve Bruce’s interest in Fathi is likely a direct result of failing to bring Ahmed Elmohamady back to the KC this winter, after Sunderland recalled the on-loan right wing-back earlier this month.
28-year-old Egypt hitman Gedo is also eager to join Hull, telling FilGoal last week, “I wish the management of the club accept the offer, it’s a chance of a lifetime for me.”
Gedo has an impressive goal-scoring record with Egypt, scoring 17 in 31 international outings.
It’s important to note Hull City’s Egyptian owner, businessman Assem Allam, signed a partnership deal with Al Ahly at the beginning of the season, as his side hope to achieve promotion to the English Premier League.
The Tigers are currently third in the Championship table with 50 points, ten adrift of leaders Cardiff City.