An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Koka fires his way to first Egypt call-up
Egyptian starlet ‘Koka’ earned his first Egypt call-up after continuing his impressive goal-scoring form with Rio Ave in Portugal.
19-year-old Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ scored on his full Portuguese league debut on Sunday to help Rio Ave salvage a 1-1 draw at Marítimo.
Koka equalized for Rio Ave just before half-time with a towering looping header, which eventually earned his side the away point.
This is Ahmed Hassan’s second goal in the Liga ZON Sagres so far this season, after registering his first in the 3-1 home defeat to Vitoria Guimaraes last week, where he came off the bench in the 64th minute.
Including his strikes in the Taça da Liga, Koka has now scored four in his last seven matches in Portugal.
As Egypt remain on the hunt for the next great striker, Koka’s form clearly hasn’t gone unnoticed as the young striker earned his first senior Egypt call-up on Monday and is now set to join Bob Bradley’s squad to face Chile in Madrid on February 6th.
Ahmed Hassan was quick to express his delight over Twitter..
Hassan joined Rio Ave on a free transfer last summer, after leaving Al-Ahly prior to signing a professional contract with the club.
Rio Ave remain in the top five with 22 points from 16 games and are set to take on Sporting Lisbon at home next week.