Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
OFFICIAL: Abou-Treika to Bani Yas a done deal
Al-Ahly officially confirm Mohamed Abou-Treika will be joining UAE side Bani Yas on a 6-month loan deal for a reported fee of $1.2 million.
In what could be considered a surprise move, Al-Ahly’s official website posted the news earlier today that the iconic Abou-Treika will be moving to the Emirati side in a deal worth $1.2 million, to become the third player in one day to be loaned by the Egyptian club.
Interest from Bani Yas re-surfaced during the past couple of hours, after Al-Ahly rejected their initial approach a few weeks ago, as an offer for a loan deal was officially sent to the club. The club’s football committee – led by Hassan Hamdy – held extensive talks with the coaching staff and manager Hossam El-Badry and eventually decided to approve the deal after Bani Yas’s officials showed increased interest of signing the player during this winter transfer window.
“The board and management have agreed to allow Abou-Treika join Bani Yas on loan. We made this decision for two reasons,” Ahly football director Sayed Abdul-Hafiz told the club’s official website.
“First, the future of the domestic league is unclear given the difficult conditions that Egypt witness at the moment.
“Second, the offer was too good to turn down.
“Of course Abou-Treika’s absence, plus the void left by Ahmed Fathi and Gedo (who both joined Hull City) will have an impact on the team, but we had no choice amid the current unrest.”
Abou-Treika, 34, who signed for Al-Ahly from Tersana back in 2004, enjoyed a successful stint with the Cairo-based club, helping them to various trophies and accolades along the way.
Treika signed a new contract with Ahly just ten days ago after agreeing to a 50% pay cut ‘for the sake of the club’.
He is set to officially start his loan move after finalizing talks with the Emirati club, regarding logistics and arrival dates.
Abou-Treika will join Egypt team-mate Mohamed Zidan at Bani Yas, who are currently third in the UAE Pro League.
King Fut wishes the iconic legend all the best in his first spell abroad.