Zamalek were able to overcome El Minya 4-0 on Thursday night at...
- VIDEO: Zamalek put four past struggling El Minya
- VIDEO: Ramadan Sobhy shines as Al Ahly U-17s thrash Brazil’s Botafogo 4-0 in friendly tournament
- Koka’s Rio Ave qualify for Portuguese Cup final with win over Braga
- VIDEO: El-Nenny scores first goal as FC Basel down FC Zürich
- Al Ahly top Group A with hard-fought win over Arab Contractors
- Exclusive: Nacional to ‘soon’ bid on Egypt duo Mahmoud Alaa and Ahmed Refaat
- EXCLUSIVE: Saladin Said yet to sign for Al Ahly, offers from ‘Egypt & abroad’
- Mourinho: Salah has potential to be a very exciting player
- Orlando Pirates not negotiating Oupa Manyisa sale
- Al Ahly ’97 side defeat Spanish giants Atlético Madrid
CONFIRMED: Al-Ahly duo Fathi and Gedo granted work permits for Hull
Egypt and Al-Ahly duo Ahmed Fathi and Gedo sign six-month loan deals with Hull City till the end of the season, after being granted their work permits on transfer deadline day.
KingFut.com can confirm that Al-Ahly right wing-back Ahmed Fathi and forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ are set to move to Hull City after being granted their respective work permits to England, the duo’s agent Mamdouh Eid told King Fut.
As exclusively indicated on Tuesday, Egypt forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ had his work permit approved directly today after applying, while Fathi had his approved upon an appeal (due to his participation in the London Olympics and his time with Sheffield United in the English Premier League in 2007), as his first application was rejected.
Ahmed Fathi told the club’s official website that he’s eager to play football in England again and that the experience he gained with Al-Ahly in addition to his brief stint in the Premier League will help him adapt quickly with the Tigers.
“I will work hard with Hull City and I am looking forward to helping the team achieve promotion to the Premier League,” Fathi told the club’s website.
“I’ve become more mature and experienced now, I faced so many challenges that made me more confident than when I was at Sheffield.”
Speaking to FilGoal, Fathi added, “I’m looking forward to proving my credentials at Hull, hopefully this would be my gate to remain in England,” despite coach Hossam El-Badry stressing he will not sell the duo last week.
Gedo has also expressed his eagerness to play in England with the Tigers, also telling the club’s official website that he’s looking forward to playing a role in the team’s quest to gaining promotion to the English top flight.
Both players participated in Al-Ahly’s training session earlier today, with Gedo marking his final session with Al-Ahly with a trademark goal, gaining the applause of all his team-mates.
It’s worth noting that Al-Ahly’s official site has reported that Gedo will wear the number 22 with Hull while Fathi will take the number 17.
Ahmed Elmohamady has also re-joined Hull City on loan from Sunderland today.