Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
UPDATED: Bradley names squad for Chile friendly
Most of the regular ‘Pharaohs Abroad’ were named for the Chile friendly to be held at the Vicente Calderon Stadium in Madrid on February 6 (19:00 Egypt local time), including Hull City trio Ahmed Elmohamady and his new team-mates Ahmed Fathi and Gedo.
19-year-old Rio Ave striker ‘Koka’ was called up after a string of impressive performances in Portugal, while forwards Ahmed Temsah and Marwan Mohsen were dropped.
Ali Lotfi was included as young Zamalek goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy is out with a knee injury sustained in the Pharaohs’ last training camp in the UAE, while the Whites’ first-choice keeper Abdul-Wahed El-Sayed was overlooked.
Zamalek’s Mohamed Abdel-Shafy was also omitted due to injury.
Brighton defender Adam El-Abd returns to the Egypt squad after missing the last few games against Ghana and Ivory Coast in Abu Dhabi.
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary, Sherif Ekramy, Ali Lotfi
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Wael Gomaa, Ahmed Shedid Qenawy, Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Fathallah, Omar Gaber, Adam El-Abd, Ahmed Said ‘Okka’, Ahmed Elmohamady
Strikers: Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmed Hassan Mekki, Gedo, El-Sayed Hamdy, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mohamed Salah.