Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
UPDATED: Bradley names squad for Chile friendly
Most of the regular ‘Pharaohs Abroad’ were named for the Chile friendly to be held at the Vicente Calderon Stadium in Madrid on February 6 (19:00 Egypt local time), including Hull City trio Ahmed Elmohamady and his new team-mates Ahmed Fathi and Gedo.
19-year-old Rio Ave striker ‘Koka’ was called up after a string of impressive performances in Portugal, while forwards Ahmed Temsah and Marwan Mohsen were dropped.
Ali Lotfi was included as young Zamalek goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy is out with a knee injury sustained in the Pharaohs’ last training camp in the UAE, while the Whites’ first-choice keeper Abdul-Wahed El-Sayed was overlooked.
Zamalek’s Mohamed Abdel-Shafy was also omitted due to injury.
Brighton defender Adam El-Abd returns to the Egypt squad after missing the last few games against Ghana and Ivory Coast in Abu Dhabi.
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary, Sherif Ekramy, Ali Lotfi
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Wael Gomaa, Ahmed Shedid Qenawy, Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Fathallah, Omar Gaber, Adam El-Abd, Ahmed Said ‘Okka’, Ahmed Elmohamady
Midfielders: Mohamed El-Nenny, Ibrahim Salah, Mohamed Abou-Treika, Abdullah El-Said, Hosni Abd-Rabo
Strikers: Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmed Hassan Mekki, Gedo, El-Sayed Hamdy, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mohamed Salah.