Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
‘Careless’ Zidan released by Bani Yas
The 31-year old Egyptian forward had signed a 2-year deal in the summer after leaving German club Mainz, but was let go because of a perceived lack of appreciation for his new club. Bani Yas vice-chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum told CNN Arabic:
“Zidan missed a lot of matches after claiming to be injured on several occasions.We had to drop Zidan because he has been absent many times for reasons that we are not sure about, even though he has always been paid on time.
“I think Zidan has not been caring about Bani Yas like the club have been to him.”
This is not the first time Zidan has run afoul of a team’s management – he is currently exiled from the Egyptian national team after refusing to take part in an important African Nations Cup qualifier in June, instead flying to China without permission to attempt to seal an ultimately failed transfer to the lucrative Chinese league.
Abou-Treika will replace Zidan as the fourth allowed foreign player on the Bani Yas roster. He had scored four goals in just 11 league appearances for the club, and it remains to be seen what his next move will be.