Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
‘Careless’ Zidan released by Bani Yas
The 31-year old Egyptian forward had signed a 2-year deal in the summer after leaving German club Mainz, but was let go because of a perceived lack of appreciation for his new club. Bani Yas vice-chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum told CNN Arabic:
“Zidan missed a lot of matches after claiming to be injured on several occasions.We had to drop Zidan because he has been absent many times for reasons that we are not sure about, even though he has always been paid on time.
“I think Zidan has not been caring about Bani Yas like the club have been to him.”
This is not the first time Zidan has run afoul of a team’s management – he is currently exiled from the Egyptian national team after refusing to take part in an important African Nations Cup qualifier in June, instead flying to China without permission to attempt to seal an ultimately failed transfer to the lucrative Chinese league.
Abou-Treika will replace Zidan as the fourth allowed foreign player on the Bani Yas roster. He had scored four goals in just 11 league appearances for the club, and it remains to be seen what his next move will be.