In episode two of the revamped KingFut podcast, host Ahmed Assem...
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
‘Careless’ Zidan released by Bani Yas
The 31-year old Egyptian forward had signed a 2-year deal in the summer after leaving German club Mainz, but was let go because of a perceived lack of appreciation for his new club. Bani Yas vice-chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum told CNN Arabic:
“Zidan missed a lot of matches after claiming to be injured on several occasions.We had to drop Zidan because he has been absent many times for reasons that we are not sure about, even though he has always been paid on time.
“I think Zidan has not been caring about Bani Yas like the club have been to him.”
This is not the first time Zidan has run afoul of a team’s management – he is currently exiled from the Egyptian national team after refusing to take part in an important African Nations Cup qualifier in June, instead flying to China without permission to attempt to seal an ultimately failed transfer to the lucrative Chinese league.
Abou-Treika will replace Zidan as the fourth allowed foreign player on the Bani Yas roster. He had scored four goals in just 11 league appearances for the club, and it remains to be seen what his next move will be.