Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
‘Careless’ Zidan released by Bani Yas
The 31-year old Egyptian forward had signed a 2-year deal in the summer after leaving German club Mainz, but was let go because of a perceived lack of appreciation for his new club. Bani Yas vice-chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum told CNN Arabic:
“Zidan missed a lot of matches after claiming to be injured on several occasions.We had to drop Zidan because he has been absent many times for reasons that we are not sure about, even though he has always been paid on time.
“I think Zidan has not been caring about Bani Yas like the club have been to him.”
This is not the first time Zidan has run afoul of a team’s management – he is currently exiled from the Egyptian national team after refusing to take part in an important African Nations Cup qualifier in June, instead flying to China without permission to attempt to seal an ultimately failed transfer to the lucrative Chinese league.
Abou-Treika will replace Zidan as the fourth allowed foreign player on the Bani Yas roster. He had scored four goals in just 11 league appearances for the club, and it remains to be seen what his next move will be.