Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
‘Careless’ Zidan released by Bani Yas
The 31-year old Egyptian forward had signed a 2-year deal in the summer after leaving German club Mainz, but was let go because of a perceived lack of appreciation for his new club. Bani Yas vice-chairman Mubarak Bin Mahroum told CNN Arabic:
“Zidan missed a lot of matches after claiming to be injured on several occasions.We had to drop Zidan because he has been absent many times for reasons that we are not sure about, even though he has always been paid on time.
“I think Zidan has not been caring about Bani Yas like the club have been to him.”
This is not the first time Zidan has run afoul of a team’s management – he is currently exiled from the Egyptian national team after refusing to take part in an important African Nations Cup qualifier in June, instead flying to China without permission to attempt to seal an ultimately failed transfer to the lucrative Chinese league.
Abou-Treika will replace Zidan as the fourth allowed foreign player on the Bani Yas roster. He had scored four goals in just 11 league appearances for the club, and it remains to be seen what his next move will be.