Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
‘Koka’ does it again: Scores in Rio Ave win over Academica
Egyptian starlet Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ does it again, scores against Academica to continue his impressive goal-scoring form with Rio Ave in Portugal.
19-year-old Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ continued his good run with Rio Ave scoring a goal in their fine 2-1 away victory at Academica.
Koka played the full 90 minutes and scored the first goal for Rio Ave on the half hour mark after a blunder from Academica’s defender. A wrong back pass header fell nicely for Koka who sweetly lobbed the goalkeeper to score Rio Ave’s first goal. Cisse put Academica level after 5o minutes, only for Manchester United’s on loan striker Bebe to regain the lead for Rio Ave, four mintes after with a wonderful run and finish.
This is Ahmed Hassan’s third goal in the Liga ZON Sagres so far this season, in addition to his two strikes in the Taça da Liga, Koka has now scored Five goals in his last seven matches in Portugal.
The young striker earned his first senior Egypt call-up and joined Bob Bradley’s squad in the 1-2 defeat against Chile in Madrid last Wednesday, however did not feature.
Hassan joined Rio Ave on a free transfer last summer, after leaving Al-Ahly prior to signing a professional contract with the club.
Rio Ave remain fifth in the table and are set to host fourth placed Braga (will play Pacos Ferreira on Monday night) at home next week.