Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
‘Koka’ does it again: Scores in Rio Ave win over Academica
Egyptian starlet Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ does it again, scores against Academica to continue his impressive goal-scoring form with Rio Ave in Portugal.
19-year-old Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ continued his good run with Rio Ave scoring a goal in their fine 2-1 away victory at Academica.
Koka played the full 90 minutes and scored the first goal for Rio Ave on the half hour mark after a blunder from Academica’s defender. A wrong back pass header fell nicely for Koka who sweetly lobbed the goalkeeper to score Rio Ave’s first goal. Cisse put Academica level after 5o minutes, only for Manchester United’s on loan striker Bebe to regain the lead for Rio Ave, four mintes after with a wonderful run and finish.
This is Ahmed Hassan’s third goal in the Liga ZON Sagres so far this season, in addition to his two strikes in the Taça da Liga, Koka has now scored Five goals in his last seven matches in Portugal.
The young striker earned his first senior Egypt call-up and joined Bob Bradley’s squad in the 1-2 defeat against Chile in Madrid last Wednesday, however did not feature.
Hassan joined Rio Ave on a free transfer last summer, after leaving Al-Ahly prior to signing a professional contract with the club.
Rio Ave remain fifth in the table and are set to host fourth placed Braga (will play Pacos Ferreira on Monday night) at home next week.