Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
‘Koka’ does it again: Scores in Rio Ave win over Academica
Egyptian starlet Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ does it again, scores against Academica to continue his impressive goal-scoring form with Rio Ave in Portugal.
19-year-old Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ continued his good run with Rio Ave scoring a goal in their fine 2-1 away victory at Academica.
Koka played the full 90 minutes and scored the first goal for Rio Ave on the half hour mark after a blunder from Academica’s defender. A wrong back pass header fell nicely for Koka who sweetly lobbed the goalkeeper to score Rio Ave’s first goal. Cisse put Academica level after 5o minutes, only for Manchester United’s on loan striker Bebe to regain the lead for Rio Ave, four mintes after with a wonderful run and finish.
This is Ahmed Hassan’s third goal in the Liga ZON Sagres so far this season, in addition to his two strikes in the Taça da Liga, Koka has now scored Five goals in his last seven matches in Portugal.
The young striker earned his first senior Egypt call-up and joined Bob Bradley’s squad in the 1-2 defeat against Chile in Madrid last Wednesday, however did not feature.
Hassan joined Rio Ave on a free transfer last summer, after leaving Al-Ahly prior to signing a professional contract with the club.
Rio Ave remain fifth in the table and are set to host fourth placed Braga (will play Pacos Ferreira on Monday night) at home next week.