The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Super sub Gedo scores on home debut, Elmo gets the winner
28-year-old Egypt international Gedo, on loan from Al-Ahly, gave the Tigers the lead less than two minutes after coming on for his home debut as a half-time substitute for Robert Koren.
Gedo, who made his debut for Hull against Adam El-Abd’s Brighton on Saturday, scored with his second touch at the KC Stadium, after heading an excellent cross by former Manchester United winger Robbie Brady into the bottom corner.
Ahmed Elmohamady was partially at fault for Derby’s equalizer scored by Jamie Ward, following a weak challenge, but Elmo made amends minutes after scoring his own off another Brady cross.
The Egyptian right wing-back was yellow-carded for taking off his shirt in celebration.
Ahmed Fathi, also on loan from Al-Ahly, remained as an unused substitute.
Elmo rejoined Hull City on loan on transfer deadline day, along with Egyptian duo Gedo and Ahmed Fathi from Al-Ahly, as Hull aim for promotion to the English Premier League.
The Tigers now move to second place in the Championship.