Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Super sub Gedo scores on home debut, Elmo gets the winner
28-year-old Egypt international Gedo, on loan from Al-Ahly, gave the Tigers the lead less than two minutes after coming on for his home debut as a half-time substitute for Robert Koren.
Gedo, who made his debut for Hull against Adam El-Abd’s Brighton on Saturday, scored with his second touch at the KC Stadium, after heading an excellent cross by former Manchester United winger Robbie Brady into the bottom corner.
Ahmed Elmohamady was partially at fault for Derby’s equalizer scored by Jamie Ward, following a weak challenge, but Elmo made amends minutes after scoring his own off another Brady cross.
The Egyptian right wing-back was yellow-carded for taking off his shirt in celebration.
Ahmed Fathi, also on loan from Al-Ahly, remained as an unused substitute.
Elmo rejoined Hull City on loan on transfer deadline day, along with Egyptian duo Gedo and Ahmed Fathi from Al-Ahly, as Hull aim for promotion to the English Premier League.
The Tigers now move to second place in the Championship.