After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
VIDEO: Super sub Gedo scores on home debut, Elmo gets the winner
28-year-old Egypt international Gedo, on loan from Al-Ahly, gave the Tigers the lead less than two minutes after coming on for his home debut as a half-time substitute for Robert Koren.
Gedo, who made his debut for Hull against Adam El-Abd’s Brighton on Saturday, scored with his second touch at the KC Stadium, after heading an excellent cross by former Manchester United winger Robbie Brady into the bottom corner.
Ahmed Elmohamady was partially at fault for Derby’s equalizer scored by Jamie Ward, following a weak challenge, but Elmo made amends minutes after scoring his own off another Brady cross.
The Egyptian right wing-back was yellow-carded for taking off his shirt in celebration.
Ahmed Fathi, also on loan from Al-Ahly, remained as an unused substitute.
Elmo rejoined Hull City on loan on transfer deadline day, along with Egyptian duo Gedo and Ahmed Fathi from Al-Ahly, as Hull aim for promotion to the English Premier League.
The Tigers now move to second place in the Championship.