Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
VIDEO: Super sub Gedo scores on home debut, Elmo gets the winner
28-year-old Egypt international Gedo, on loan from Al-Ahly, gave the Tigers the lead less than two minutes after coming on for his home debut as a half-time substitute for Robert Koren.
Gedo, who made his debut for Hull against Adam El-Abd’s Brighton on Saturday, scored with his second touch at the KC Stadium, after heading an excellent cross by former Manchester United winger Robbie Brady into the bottom corner.
Ahmed Elmohamady was partially at fault for Derby’s equalizer scored by Jamie Ward, following a weak challenge, but Elmo made amends minutes after scoring his own off another Brady cross.
The Egyptian right wing-back was yellow-carded for taking off his shirt in celebration.
Ahmed Fathi, also on loan from Al-Ahly, remained as an unused substitute.
Elmo rejoined Hull City on loan on transfer deadline day, along with Egyptian duo Gedo and Ahmed Fathi from Al-Ahly, as Hull aim for promotion to the English Premier League.
The Tigers now move to second place in the Championship.