Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: Egyptian Tigers Gedo and Elmo score again, El-Abd wins at leaders Cardiff
The game was scoreless until the 52nd minute when Stephen Quinn sent a great cross into Gedo who received the ball 6 yards from goal and made no mistake in firing from close-range to take his goal tally to three in his last three appearances.
Hull’s third victory in a row was rounded off in the 67th minute as Brady delivered a cross deep to the back post and Elmohamady finished with a fantastic volley – his second in three games.
The third Egyptian, Ahmed Fathi, made a brief appearance in extra time a few minutes after Gedo was subbed off to a standing ovation.
Hull City boss Steve Bruce on Gedo:
“We needed it. We needed somebody to come. We all know what happened on deadline day,” Steve Bruce told the BBC.
“To get three in three, I know he’ll hit a wall but, hopefully, with the sun shining [when] it gets into spring. He’s a very, very good player.
“He uses that bit of class, he’s got good ability and thankfully he’s got three in three which is the icing on the cake for us.”
Whilst at Cardiff City Stadium, Brighton managed to gain all 3 points in a 2-0 victory, with Orlando and Ulloa scoring. It was generally a strong defensive performance from Adam El-Abd as his partnership with Mathew Upson managed to secure a clean sheet for the team. El-Abd received a yellow card in the 22nd minute for time wasting.
This victory for Brighton also helped Hull City as the gap between first place Cardiff City and runners-up Hull is now reduced to 5 points, while Hull’s automatic promotion rivals Leicester City lost 1-0 to Charlton.
Brighton jump to 7th, two points behind Middlesbrough, who have a game in hand.
Ahmad Yousef: Follow @EgyptianPlayers