The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
VIDEO: Koka sees red after scoring against Braga
Egyptian youngster Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ continued his impressive goalscoring form in Portugal by scoring Rio Ave’s only goal in a 1-1 draw against Braga, but was sent-off just before the final whistle.
19-year-old striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, who recently earned his first senior call-up to the Egyptian national team, continued his fine run with Rio Ave scoring in under three minutes against Braga from close-range.
Hassan’s fourth league goal in five games was cancelled out after Brazilian forward Alan equalized from the spot for Braga.
Koka’s night ended prematurely after receiving a straight red card for stamping on Braga’s Vincent Sasso, although the challenge looked unintentional with the towering striker losing his footing.
This was Koka’s fourth Portuguese league start in a row for Rio Ave, and the Egyptian teenager has now scored six goals in his last eight appearances, although he is now set to miss the next few matches including his side’s weekend showdown against defending champions FC Porto.
(Image courtesy of Rio Ave’s official website)