The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Koka sees red after scoring against Braga
Egyptian youngster Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ continued his impressive goalscoring form in Portugal by scoring Rio Ave’s only goal in a 1-1 draw against Braga, but was sent-off just before the final whistle.
19-year-old striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, who recently earned his first senior call-up to the Egyptian national team, continued his fine run with Rio Ave scoring in under three minutes against Braga from close-range.
Hassan’s fourth league goal in five games was cancelled out after Brazilian forward Alan equalized from the spot for Braga.
Koka’s night ended prematurely after receiving a straight red card for stamping on Braga’s Vincent Sasso, although the challenge looked unintentional with the towering striker losing his footing.
This was Koka’s fourth Portuguese league start in a row for Rio Ave, and the Egyptian teenager has now scored six goals in his last eight appearances, although he is now set to miss the next few matches including his side’s weekend showdown against defending champions FC Porto.
(Image courtesy of Rio Ave’s official website)