Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Egypt name 21-Man squad for U-20 African Championship
Egypt U-20 coach Rabie Yassin named a 21-man squad for this month’s U-20 Africa Cup of Nations in Algeria, including full Egypt internationals Saleh Gomaa, Rami Rabia and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, while some highly rated ‘Pharaohs Abroad’ were left out.
The list includes only two European-based Pharaohs in ‘Denmark’s Ronaldinho’, PSV’s Egyptian-Danish attacking midfielder Amir Adel (also known as Alexander Jakobsen), who KingFut.com revealed was being chased by the Egyptian Football Association, and Rio Ave’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, who recently got his first senior call-up.
France-born Abdallah Yaisien, who told King Fut he dreams of representing Egypt, didn’t make the squad due to logistics, as the former France U-17 star’s application for a nationality switch wasn’t completed in time.
ENPPI midfielder Saleh Gomaa also played with the U-23 Egyptian team in last year’s Olympics Games and has since been a regular senior Egypt international.
Al-Ahly duo Rami Rabia and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ unsurprisingly got the call, who are already part of the Red Devils’ senior squad.
Promising Egyptian U-20 trio Amr Warda, Ahmed Mokhtar and Mahmoud Waheed have all been ruled out with injuries.
Egypt will play in Group A alongside hosts Algeria, Ghana and Benin in the African Championship that will run from 16-30 March.
The semi-finalists will qualify for the 2013 U-20 World Cup this summer in Turkey.
Egypt U-20s play their last friendly tomorrow against ENPPI before travelling to Algeria. The Young Pharaohs’ two previous friendlies saw them lose 3-1 and draw 0-0 to Nigeria.
Goalkeepers: Mossad Awad (Ismaily), Mahmoud Hamdy (Zamalek), Hassan Mahmoud Arab Contractors).
Defenders: Sherif Adel ‘Dabo’, Ossama Ibrahim (ENPPI), Mahmoud Hamad (Ismaily), Ibrahim Hassan (Ahly), Yasser Ibrahim (Mansoura), Ibrahim El-Hadad (Wadi Degla).
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ (Ahly), Saleh Gomaa, Ahmed Refaat, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneam (ENPPI), Mahmoud Metwaly, Mohamed Sherif (Ismaily), Amir Adel ‘Alexander Jakobsen’ (PSV).
Strikers: Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave), Omar Bassam (Ahly), Ahmed Samir (Dakhleya).