Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Egypt name 21-Man squad for U-20 African Championship
Egypt U-20 coach Rabie Yassin named a 21-man squad for this month’s U-20 Africa Cup of Nations in Algeria, including full Egypt internationals Saleh Gomaa, Rami Rabia and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, while some highly rated ‘Pharaohs Abroad’ were left out.
The list includes only two European-based Pharaohs in ‘Denmark’s Ronaldinho’, PSV’s Egyptian-Danish attacking midfielder Amir Adel (also known as Alexander Jakobsen), who KingFut.com revealed was being chased by the Egyptian Football Association, and Rio Ave’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, who recently got his first senior call-up.
France-born Abdallah Yaisien, who told King Fut he dreams of representing Egypt, didn’t make the squad due to logistics, as the former France U-17 star’s application for a nationality switch wasn’t completed in time.
ENPPI midfielder Saleh Gomaa also played with the U-23 Egyptian team in last year’s Olympics Games and has since been a regular senior Egypt international.
Al-Ahly duo Rami Rabia and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ unsurprisingly got the call, who are already part of the Red Devils’ senior squad.
Promising Egyptian U-20 trio Amr Warda, Ahmed Mokhtar and Mahmoud Waheed have all been ruled out with injuries.
Egypt will play in Group A alongside hosts Algeria, Ghana and Benin in the African Championship that will run from 16-30 March.
The semi-finalists will qualify for the 2013 U-20 World Cup this summer in Turkey.
Egypt U-20s play their last friendly tomorrow against ENPPI before travelling to Algeria. The Young Pharaohs’ two previous friendlies saw them lose 3-1 and draw 0-0 to Nigeria.
Goalkeepers: Mossad Awad (Ismaily), Mahmoud Hamdy (Zamalek), Hassan Mahmoud Arab Contractors).
Defenders: Sherif Adel ‘Dabo’, Ossama Ibrahim (ENPPI), Mahmoud Hamad (Ismaily), Ibrahim Hassan (Ahly), Yasser Ibrahim (Mansoura), Ibrahim El-Hadad (Wadi Degla).
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ (Ahly), Saleh Gomaa, Ahmed Refaat, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneam (ENPPI), Mahmoud Metwaly, Mohamed Sherif (Ismaily), Amir Adel ‘Alexander Jakobsen’ (PSV).
Strikers: Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave), Omar Bassam (Ahly), Ahmed Samir (Dakhleya).