The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
VIDEO: Captain Rami Rabia heads Egypt to U20 World Cup
Egypt U-20 captain Rami Rabia scored a crucial header in Egypt’s 1-0 victory against fierce rivals Algeria to earn the Young Pharaohs qualification to the African Youth Championship semi-finals, and more importantly, the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
A header against the hosts from Ahly’s promising defender Rami Rabia just before half-time won the game for the Pharaohs to book their place in the semi-finals of the African Youth Championship after their second victory in Group A.
This was 19-year-old Rabia’s 4th goal in his last six games in all competitions, including goals for Al-Ahly in the CAF Super Cup and Egyptian Premier League, and also the senior national team’s lone goal in a friendly against Qatar.
Booking their place in the semi-finals, Egypt also automatically secure qualification to the U-20 World Cup for the third consecutive time, which takes place in Turkey this summer.
The Young Pharaohs have also been guaranteed top spot before their final group game against Benin, who lost 1-0 to Ghana earlier on Tuesday.