The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Captain Rami Rabia heads Egypt to U20 World Cup
Egypt U-20 captain Rami Rabia scored a crucial header in Egypt’s 1-0 victory against fierce rivals Algeria to earn the Young Pharaohs qualification to the African Youth Championship semi-finals, and more importantly, the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
A header against the hosts from Ahly’s promising defender Rami Rabia just before half-time won the game for the Pharaohs to book their place in the semi-finals of the African Youth Championship after their second victory in Group A.
This was 19-year-old Rabia’s 4th goal in his last six games in all competitions, including goals for Al-Ahly in the CAF Super Cup and Egyptian Premier League, and also the senior national team’s lone goal in a friendly against Qatar.
Booking their place in the semi-finals, Egypt also automatically secure qualification to the U-20 World Cup for the third consecutive time, which takes place in Turkey this summer.
The Young Pharaohs have also been guaranteed top spot before their final group game against Benin, who lost 1-0 to Ghana earlier on Tuesday.