Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
VIDEO: Captain Rami Rabia heads Egypt to U20 World Cup
Egypt U-20 captain Rami Rabia scored a crucial header in Egypt’s 1-0 victory against fierce rivals Algeria to earn the Young Pharaohs qualification to the African Youth Championship semi-finals, and more importantly, the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
A header against the hosts from Ahly’s promising defender Rami Rabia just before half-time won the game for the Pharaohs to book their place in the semi-finals of the African Youth Championship after their second victory in Group A.
This was 19-year-old Rabia’s 4th goal in his last six games in all competitions, including goals for Al-Ahly in the CAF Super Cup and Egyptian Premier League, and also the senior national team’s lone goal in a friendly against Qatar.
Booking their place in the semi-finals, Egypt also automatically secure qualification to the U-20 World Cup for the third consecutive time, which takes place in Turkey this summer.
The Young Pharaohs have also been guaranteed top spot before their final group game against Benin, who lost 1-0 to Ghana earlier on Tuesday.