Al Ahly have completed the signing of Kilmarnock FC striker Souleymane Coulibaly...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
VIDEO: Captain Rami Rabia heads Egypt to U20 World Cup
Egypt U-20 captain Rami Rabia scored a crucial header in Egypt’s 1-0 victory against fierce rivals Algeria to earn the Young Pharaohs qualification to the African Youth Championship semi-finals, and more importantly, the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
A header against the hosts from Ahly’s promising defender Rami Rabia just before half-time won the game for the Pharaohs to book their place in the semi-finals of the African Youth Championship after their second victory in Group A.
This was 19-year-old Rabia’s 4th goal in his last six games in all competitions, including goals for Al-Ahly in the CAF Super Cup and Egyptian Premier League, and also the senior national team’s lone goal in a friendly against Qatar.
Booking their place in the semi-finals, Egypt also automatically secure qualification to the U-20 World Cup for the third consecutive time, which takes place in Turkey this summer.
The Young Pharaohs have also been guaranteed top spot before their final group game against Benin, who lost 1-0 to Ghana earlier on Tuesday.