Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
VIDEO: Captain Rami Rabia heads Egypt to U20 World Cup
Egypt U-20 captain Rami Rabia scored a crucial header in Egypt’s 1-0 victory against fierce rivals Algeria to earn the Young Pharaohs qualification to the African Youth Championship semi-finals, and more importantly, the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
A header against the hosts from Ahly’s promising defender Rami Rabia just before half-time won the game for the Pharaohs to book their place in the semi-finals of the African Youth Championship after their second victory in Group A.
This was 19-year-old Rabia’s 4th goal in his last six games in all competitions, including goals for Al-Ahly in the CAF Super Cup and Egyptian Premier League, and also the senior national team’s lone goal in a friendly against Qatar.
Booking their place in the semi-finals, Egypt also automatically secure qualification to the U-20 World Cup for the third consecutive time, which takes place in Turkey this summer.
The Young Pharaohs have also been guaranteed top spot before their final group game against Benin, who lost 1-0 to Ghana earlier on Tuesday.