Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi believes that Salah add value to Roma, adding that his...
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
VIDEO: Kahraba sparks Young Pharaohs over Benin to complete perfect start
Egypt completed their perfect winning start at the African Youth Championship by beating Benin 1-0 in the final game of the ‘group of death’.
The Young Pharaohs, who already secured top spot in Group A after winning their first two matches against Ghana and Algeria, completed their clean sweep of the ‘group of death’ thanks to a 22nd minute goal by Mahmoud Abdul-Monem ‘Kahraba’, or in English, ‘Electricity’.
PSV’s Egyptian-Danish starlet Alexander Jakobsen (Amir Adel) made his long-anticipated debut for the Young Pharaohs, coming on in the 55th minute for Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’.
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ played his final match in Algeria against Benin, as per agreement he returns to Portugal to link-up with Rio Ave.
Despite the towering 20-year-old striker being in impressive form with his club in Portugal, Koka failed to score with the U-20 national team in Algeria.
Coach Rabie Yassin told Algerian newspaper elkhabar on Thursday, “We will play our last game to win so that Algeria can join us to the World Cup.”
Although the former Egypt international fulfilled his promise, the hosts Algeria could not take advantage of Egypt’s ‘gift’ after losing 2-0 to Ghana, who join Egypt and Mali to the World Cup finals.
Egypt will face the runner-up of Group B, which could be either Nigeria, Gabon or DR Congo, while Ghana meet Mali.