Al Ahly coach Hossam El Badry rejected all rumors and reports saying...
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
Video Review: Young Pharaohs Shoot Down Nigeria’s Flying Eagles to reach AYC Final
Match: Egypt 2 (Mahmoud Kahraba, 55’,86’) – 0 Nigeria
Competition: CAF U20 African Championship – Semi-Final
Venue: Ain Temouchent, Algeria
Rabie Yassin’s young men managed to fend off pressure from the mighty Nigerians and scored two goals through Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim, better known as ‘Kahraba’ (Electricity), to continue their fine unbeaten run in the championship.
Egypt’s U-20 promising attacking midfielder Mahmoud Kahraba scored Egypt’s two goals in the 55th and 86th minutes after the Nigerians started off full of promise and pace.
The first goal came after Egyptian midfielder Saleh Gomaa crossed the ball into the box from the right. The ball fell to Kahraba from a Omar Bassem flick and he slotted easily from close range in the 55th minute.
The second goal came in similar fashion, this time from the left as Ahmed Samir put in a superb cross from a free-kick and Kahraba had no trouble heading it in past the Nigerian goalkeeper in the far post.
Egypt will now take on Ghana (who they’d previously beat 2-1) in the final of the African Youth Championships after the latter beat Mali on penalties. The final will take place on Saturday in the Ahmed Zabana Stadium in Oran.
The winner of the U-20 African Championship will be placed in Group E at the U-20 World Cup this summer in Turkey with Chile, England and Iraq.