The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Elmohamady plays as the Tigers win whilst Brighton draw
Elmohamady was the only Egyptian to feature in today’s games as his two Egyptian teammates Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ and Ahmed Fathi were un-used substitutes. Brighton’s Adam El-Abd was serving his last of his two match suspension after picking up 10 yellow cards.
Hull City managed to take all 3 points away at Huddersfield Town in their second consecutive away win. Gedo did not start after picking up a slight knock when training with the Egyptian National Team. The first half was very quiet with only one event, Ahmed Elmohamady picking up a yellow card in the 38th minute after a harsh challenge on Oliver Norwood.
Hull City started the second half brightly it took one and half minutes for George Boyd to score from outside the penalty box into the middle of the goal. Ahmed Elmohamady was substituted in the 74th minute for Liam Rosenior.
Ahmed Fathi and Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ did not feature in today’s game.
Meanwhile, Brighton took on Nottingham Forest without Adam El-Abd who was suspended for receiving 10 yellow cards. He will be free for selection in Brighton’s next game against Charlton on Tuesday.
Leonardo Ulloa gave Brighton the lead in the 57th minute before Nottingham Forrest’s Lewis McGugan equalized in the 82nd minute. Will Buckley thought that he had won the game for Brighton when he scored 3 minutes later from inside the box. However, a injury time equalizer from Henri Lansbury ensured that Brighton only went home with 1 point as the game ended 2-2.
Hull City closed the gap on the top of the table and are now 4 points behind league leaders Cardiff City who have a game in hand. Brighton remain 6th and are one point ahead of 7th place Leicester and one point behind 5th place Nottingham Forrest.
Ahmad Yousef: Follow @EgyptianPlayers