Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Championship Pharaohs: Hull stunned by Watford, Brighton held at home against Charlton
Hull City threw away the chance of going seven points clear of third-place Watford, which would have nearly guaranteed themselves automatic promotion. However, the Tigers remain second place, only a point ahead of the Hornets. Meanwhile, Brighton only managed a 0-0 draw at home to mid-table Charlton Athletic.
Ahmed Elmohamady and Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ both started in what was to be one of City’s most important games of the season. The game started off quietly with both teams struggling to find a rhythm however Hull City managed to dominate possession. Ahmed Elmohamady continued to deliver his trademark crosses, sadly coming to no avail.
Five minutes before the half time break Watford star man Troy Deeney put the visitors in front with sending a strike from outside the penalty box into the top right hand corner of the goal. After the second half Hull City continued to pressure Watford with no outcome and Watford managed to counter on the break in the 66th minute Troy Deeney was denied a second goal after a great save from Hull City goal keeper David Stockdale.
In the 68th minute Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ who had an extremely quiet game with no noticeable attempts on goal was substituted for Cory Evans while Ahmed Fathi once again didn’t feature in today’s game.
Down on the south coast of England Adam El-Abd’s Brighton entertained 14th place Charlton Athletic in a 0-0 draw. Adam El-Abd who was back from suspension started on the bench and did not make an appearance.
Hull City are seven points behind league leaders Cardiff who have a game in hand and one point ahead of Watford who lie in 3rd. Brighton remain in 6th place and are now a point behind 5th place Nottingham Forest. Leicester City are two points behind in 7th place.
Ahmad Yousef: Follow @EgyptianPlayers