The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Young Boys enquire about Egypt midfielder Ahmed Hamoudi
“A Young Boys representative spoke to us about Hamoudi,” Smouha chairman Farag Amer told FilGoal.
“We will not stand in his way if that what he wants, but we prefer the transfer to be on loan.
“The Swiss club said that they would make a bid only if Hamoudi continued to impress until the season ends.”
Smouha captain Ahmed Hamoudi, 22, has been in impressive form so far this season, leading the league in assists with four (tied with Mohamed Ibrahim) while also scoring one to help take the Alexandria-based club just three points away from third in Group A, with a game in hand.
Young Boys have already signed one player from Smouha this year, Ghanaian striker Samuel Afum, 23, who despite only recently recovering from injury, has seen regular action since his move from Egypt in January.
Speaking to KingFut.com, Afum praised Hamoudi, hinting he would be a great signing for Young Boys, “[Hamoudi] is a very talented player and I think he will go far.”
Hamoudi made his Egypt debut in a friendly against Qatar last month, while scoring in his second international against Swaziland just before the Pharaohs’ World Cup qualifier against Zimbabwe.
Egypt already have Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny in the Swiss league, who have both been very impressive signings for Basel, who will meet European champions Chelsea in the semi-finals of the Europa League.