Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Young Boys enquire about Egypt midfielder Ahmed Hamoudi
“A Young Boys representative spoke to us about Hamoudi,” Smouha chairman Farag Amer told FilGoal.
“We will not stand in his way if that what he wants, but we prefer the transfer to be on loan.
“The Swiss club said that they would make a bid only if Hamoudi continued to impress until the season ends.”
Smouha captain Ahmed Hamoudi, 22, has been in impressive form so far this season, leading the league in assists with four (tied with Mohamed Ibrahim) while also scoring one to help take the Alexandria-based club just three points away from third in Group A, with a game in hand.
Young Boys have already signed one player from Smouha this year, Ghanaian striker Samuel Afum, 23, who despite only recently recovering from injury, has seen regular action since his move from Egypt in January.
Speaking to KingFut.com, Afum praised Hamoudi, hinting he would be a great signing for Young Boys, “[Hamoudi] is a very talented player and I think he will go far.”
Hamoudi made his Egypt debut in a friendly against Qatar last month, while scoring in his second international against Swaziland just before the Pharaohs’ World Cup qualifier against Zimbabwe.
Egypt already have Mohamed Salah and Mohamed El-Nenny in the Swiss league, who have both been very impressive signings for Basel, who will meet European champions Chelsea in the semi-finals of the Europa League.