Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Ex-Egypt coach Shehata takes up advisory role with 1860 Munich
Egypt’s longest-serving national team coach and winner of the historic three straight Africa Cup of Nations titles Hassan Shehata is set to become TSV 1860 Munich’s technical adviser, German media said on Saturday.
Hassan Shehata took notes as he watched second-tier 1860 Munich, who are owned by Jordanian investor Hasan Ismaik, train before attending their 3-1 league defeat by St.Pauli on Saturday.
“I’ve come here to help [the team]. We have to rise next season!” 63-year-old Shehata told German media.
Despite Shehata being the most successful Egypt coach in the past decade, his coaching stints since leaving the Pharaohs have been brief and unsuccessful with Cairo giants Zamalek, the club where he made a legendary name for himself as a footballer, and Qatari side Al-Arabi – where he was sacked after six games.
German media said Shehata will monitor the Munich-based club train during their remaining games in the second-division before assuming his new role as technical advisor.