Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
VIDEO: Ex-Egypt coach Shehata takes up advisory role with 1860 Munich
Egypt’s longest-serving national team coach and winner of the historic three straight Africa Cup of Nations titles Hassan Shehata is set to become TSV 1860 Munich’s technical adviser, German media said on Saturday.
Hassan Shehata took notes as he watched second-tier 1860 Munich, who are owned by Jordanian investor Hasan Ismaik, train before attending their 3-1 league defeat by St.Pauli on Saturday.
“I’ve come here to help [the team]. We have to rise next season!” 63-year-old Shehata told German media.
Despite Shehata being the most successful Egypt coach in the past decade, his coaching stints since leaving the Pharaohs have been brief and unsuccessful with Cairo giants Zamalek, the club where he made a legendary name for himself as a footballer, and Qatari side Al-Arabi – where he was sacked after six games.
German media said Shehata will monitor the Munich-based club train during their remaining games in the second-division before assuming his new role as technical advisor.