Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
VIDEO: Ex-Egypt coach Shehata takes up advisory role with 1860 Munich
Egypt’s longest-serving national team coach and winner of the historic three straight Africa Cup of Nations titles Hassan Shehata is set to become TSV 1860 Munich’s technical adviser, German media said on Saturday.
Hassan Shehata took notes as he watched second-tier 1860 Munich, who are owned by Jordanian investor Hasan Ismaik, train before attending their 3-1 league defeat by St.Pauli on Saturday.
“I’ve come here to help [the team]. We have to rise next season!” 63-year-old Shehata told German media.
Despite Shehata being the most successful Egypt coach in the past decade, his coaching stints since leaving the Pharaohs have been brief and unsuccessful with Cairo giants Zamalek, the club where he made a legendary name for himself as a footballer, and Qatari side Al-Arabi – where he was sacked after six games.
German media said Shehata will monitor the Munich-based club train during their remaining games in the second-division before assuming his new role as technical advisor.