Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: Ex-Egypt coach Shehata takes up advisory role with 1860 Munich
Egypt’s longest-serving national team coach and winner of the historic three straight Africa Cup of Nations titles Hassan Shehata is set to become TSV 1860 Munich’s technical adviser, German media said on Saturday.
Hassan Shehata took notes as he watched second-tier 1860 Munich, who are owned by Jordanian investor Hasan Ismaik, train before attending their 3-1 league defeat by St.Pauli on Saturday.
“I’ve come here to help [the team]. We have to rise next season!” 63-year-old Shehata told German media.
Despite Shehata being the most successful Egypt coach in the past decade, his coaching stints since leaving the Pharaohs have been brief and unsuccessful with Cairo giants Zamalek, the club where he made a legendary name for himself as a footballer, and Qatari side Al-Arabi – where he was sacked after six games.
German media said Shehata will monitor the Munich-based club train during their remaining games in the second-division before assuming his new role as technical advisor.