Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
EXCLUSIVE: Egypt U20 winger Ahmed Refaat set for Sevilla trial
During an interview with Italian website TuttoMercatoWeb.com, Sevilla technical secretary Victor Orta confirmed the Spanish club are interested in 19-year-old Ahmed Refaat and have already sent ENPPI a trial offer, although the financial details have yet to be discussed.
“We have sent an invitation to ENPPI to watch their player. In our request we have not included the financial conditions of the transfer. The trial period will help us assess the negotiations,” confirmed Sevilla’s Victor Orta.
The flashy left-winger is expected to arrive in Seville in May after impressing scouts at the African Under-20 Championship last month, as the Young Pharaohs went on to win the tournament in Algeria.
In regards to the talented Young Pharaoh, Victor continued: “I think Ahmed is one of the major prospects in Africa at this time, many European teams are following him including English ones. I think he was one of the best players from the last U-20 African Cup of Nations, he has great technical ability. He will become a great player.”
A handful of European clubs are also said to have joined the race to sign Refaat, including Anderlecht and Torino.
It is believed the Petroleum club value Ahmed Refaat at €900 000, while Sevilla seek to make a decision prior to this summer’s U-20 World Cup in Turkey, where his price could rise considerably. If ENPPI’s asking price is met, chairman Mohamed Badr would not stand in the way of the Young Pharaoh’s move to La Liga, mentioning shortly after the U-20 tournament: “We welcome the notion of letting youngsters move abroad. We received some inquiries regarding Saleh (Gomaa) and Ahmed Refaat through intermediate companies, but we only deal with official bids.”
ENPPI and Egypt U20 team-mate Saleh Gomaa has also been linked to Los Nervionenses, with ENPPI valuing the promising central midfielder at €2 million.