Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
Ahmed Elmohamady hopes of promotion as he bags Hull City Player of the year
Hull’s Player of the Year Ahmed Elmohamady hopes to finish the season on a high by helping the Tigers gain automatic promotion to the Premier League.
Elmohamady, who joined the Tigers on loan from Sunderland at the beginning of the season and was awarded the Hull City Player of the Year for 2012/13 on Saturday at the KC Stadium for his notable input this season, hopes to get the job done by achieving promotion to the Premier League this weekend.
Hull City can secure automatic promotion to the Premier League with a win on Saturday against Barnsley and Elmohamady was keen to assert his wishes of promotion: “I just hope that we can go on and get promoted at the weekend now.”
Reflecting on a successful season in the Championship, Elmohamady said: “It has been a big season here, I have to say thank you to my team-mates for helping me to win the award at the weekend and, of course, to the fans of Hull City for the support they have given me.”
The Egypt international was thankful of his manager Steve Bruce who has guided him through his career in England since bringing him from ENPPI in 2010. Elmo said, “It was a big decision for me to come here, but I have to thank the manager for bringing me here. He was also the one that brought me over from Egypt to play in England.”
“The manager also brought Gedo and Fathi here and they have been fantastic for us. It’s great to see Egyptian players in the English league.”
Elmo has enjoyed an impressive season on the right wing this season and displayed his consistency contributing with three goals and nine assists so far, having featured in 39 of the 41 games Hull City have played.
Ahmad Yousef: Follow @EgyptianPlayers