An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Sevilla target Ahmed Refaat joins Egypt duo on trial with Basel
19-year-old Refaat, who’s expected to trial with Sevilla in May, could be the third Egyptian to join FC Basel, as he has been training with the Swiss champions ahead of a potential move in the summer, a club official revealed.
Refaat is set to stay at St. Jakob Park until May 4th, he has trained three times with Basel’s U21 team and once with the first team so far.
“We are looking at him and we’ll see,” Basel chief scout Reudi Zbinden was quoted as saying by Swiss media.
“Refaat has similar attributes as Mohamed Salah.”
The Egypt U-20 winger could potentially join Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny at Basel, as the Egypt duo continue to impress during their debut season, although the latter is currently only at St. Jakob Park on loan.
The Swiss champions lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday.