Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Sevilla target Ahmed Refaat joins Egypt duo on trial with Basel
19-year-old Refaat, who’s expected to trial with Sevilla in May, could be the third Egyptian to join FC Basel, as he has been training with the Swiss champions ahead of a potential move in the summer, a club official revealed.
Refaat is set to stay at St. Jakob Park until May 4th, he has trained three times with Basel’s U21 team and once with the first team so far.
“We are looking at him and we’ll see,” Basel chief scout Reudi Zbinden was quoted as saying by Swiss media.
“Refaat has similar attributes as Mohamed Salah.”
The Egypt U-20 winger could potentially join Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny at Basel, as the Egypt duo continue to impress during their debut season, although the latter is currently only at St. Jakob Park on loan.
The Swiss champions lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday.