Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Sevilla target Ahmed Refaat joins Egypt duo on trial with Basel
19-year-old Refaat, who’s expected to trial with Sevilla in May, could be the third Egyptian to join FC Basel, as he has been training with the Swiss champions ahead of a potential move in the summer, a club official revealed.
Refaat is set to stay at St. Jakob Park until May 4th, he has trained three times with Basel’s U21 team and once with the first team so far.
“We are looking at him and we’ll see,” Basel chief scout Reudi Zbinden was quoted as saying by Swiss media.
“Refaat has similar attributes as Mohamed Salah.”
The Egypt U-20 winger could potentially join Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny at Basel, as the Egypt duo continue to impress during their debut season, although the latter is currently only at St. Jakob Park on loan.
The Swiss champions lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday.