Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Sevilla target Ahmed Refaat joins Egypt duo on trial with Basel
19-year-old Refaat, who’s expected to trial with Sevilla in May, could be the third Egyptian to join FC Basel, as he has been training with the Swiss champions ahead of a potential move in the summer, a club official revealed.
Refaat is set to stay at St. Jakob Park until May 4th, he has trained three times with Basel’s U21 team and once with the first team so far.
“We are looking at him and we’ll see,” Basel chief scout Reudi Zbinden was quoted as saying by Swiss media.
“Refaat has similar attributes as Mohamed Salah.”
The Egypt U-20 winger could potentially join Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny at Basel, as the Egypt duo continue to impress during their debut season, although the latter is currently only at St. Jakob Park on loan.
The Swiss champions lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday.