Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Sevilla target Ahmed Refaat joins Egypt duo on trial with Basel
19-year-old Refaat, who’s expected to trial with Sevilla in May, could be the third Egyptian to join FC Basel, as he has been training with the Swiss champions ahead of a potential move in the summer, a club official revealed.
Refaat is set to stay at St. Jakob Park until May 4th, he has trained three times with Basel’s U21 team and once with the first team so far.
“We are looking at him and we’ll see,” Basel chief scout Reudi Zbinden was quoted as saying by Swiss media.
“Refaat has similar attributes as Mohamed Salah.”
The Egypt U-20 winger could potentially join Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny at Basel, as the Egypt duo continue to impress during their debut season, although the latter is currently only at St. Jakob Park on loan.
The Swiss champions lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Europa League semi-final first leg on Thursday.