- Hegazy to leave Fiorentina in January on loan? – Report
- Zamalek stall as Wadi Degla stand firm
- VIDEO: Mohsen scores first goal with every Egyptian progressing in the Portuguese Cup
- Zürich defeat Kahraba’s Grasshoppers 3-1
- Former Mainz teammate speaks about Mohamed Zidan
- Hamoudi features as Basel down Young Boys in Swiss Super League
- VIDEO: Al Ahly dominate Ittihad El-Shorta 3-0 for first league win of the season
- Arsenal 2-2 Hull City – Welbeck breaks Hull hearts as Elmo recovers from back spasm
- Chelsea remain undefeated as Salah features in the final minutes
- Abdel-Shafy: I left a royal club to join another
VIDEO: Chelsea through to Europa League final despite Salah opener
Chelsea advance to the Europa League final 5-2 on aggregate after defeating Basel 3-1 in the second leg of the semi-final, despite Mohamed Salah opening the scoring at Stamford Bridge.
The Swiss champions lost for a second time against the European champions after being beaten in dramatic fashion at home last week as Chelsea found the winning goal with the last kick of the game in their 2-1 first leg victory.
Both of Basel’s 20-year-old Pharaohs Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny started in second leg of the semi-final in London, with Salah opening the scoring on the stroke of half-time with a brilliant finish, moments after being denied by Čech from close range.
Three goals in eight minutes starting with Fernando Torres in the 50th minute, followed by Nigeria international Victor Moses scoring his second of the tie before David Luiz put the match beyond reach for Basel with a sublime finish.
The young Egyptians played well throughout the match, with Salah providing the attacking spark for Basel while El-Nenny put in a tidy performance in midfield, while also having a couple of chances of his own from distance.
Basel will now turn their attentions on the Swiss League and Cup as their historical Europa League run comes to an end with Chelsea set to meet Benfica in Amsterdam.