Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Chelsea through to Europa League final despite Salah opener
The Swiss champions lost for a second time against the European champions after being beaten in dramatic fashion at home last week as Chelsea found the winning goal with the last kick of the game in their 2-1 first leg victory.
Both of Basel’s 20-year-old Pharaohs Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny started in second leg of the semi-final in London, with Salah opening the scoring on the stroke of half-time with a brilliant finish, moments after being denied by Čech from close range.
Three goals in eight minutes starting with Fernando Torres in the 50th minute, followed by Nigeria international Victor Moses scoring his second of the tie before David Luiz put the match beyond reach for Basel with a sublime finish.
The young Egyptians played well throughout the match, with Salah providing the attacking spark for Basel while El-Nenny put in a tidy performance in midfield, while also having a couple of chances of his own from distance.
Basel will now turn their attentions on the Swiss League and Cup as their historical Europa League run comes to an end with Chelsea set to meet Benfica in Amsterdam.