- Elmohamady assists as Hull City settle for an entertaining draw with West Ham
- VIDEO: Wadi Degla salvage draw with Petrojet in Egyptian Premier League opener
- Al Ahly beat Zamalek to win Egypt Super Cup
- Nacional stumble to another defeat against Estoril
- VIDEO: Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy scores in Chesterfield win
- Salah makes first appearance of the season as Chelsea seal 4-2 win over Swansea
- Cairo Derby III: Royal allegiance and scandals
- Hidden Pharaohs: Copenhagen’s Yones Felfel
- Hossam Hassan announces Zamalek Super Cup squad list
- Shawky Gharib to resign if Egypt fail to reach AFCON – Report
VIDEO: Chelsea through to Europa League final despite Salah opener
Chelsea advance to the Europa League final 5-2 on aggregate after defeating Basel 3-1 in the second leg of the semi-final, despite Mohamed Salah opening the scoring at Stamford Bridge.
The Swiss champions lost for a second time against the European champions after being beaten in dramatic fashion at home last week as Chelsea found the winning goal with the last kick of the game in their 2-1 first leg victory.
Both of Basel’s 20-year-old Pharaohs Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny started in second leg of the semi-final in London, with Salah opening the scoring on the stroke of half-time with a brilliant finish, moments after being denied by Čech from close range.
Three goals in eight minutes starting with Fernando Torres in the 50th minute, followed by Nigeria international Victor Moses scoring his second of the tie before David Luiz put the match beyond reach for Basel with a sublime finish.
The young Egyptians played well throughout the match, with Salah providing the attacking spark for Basel while El-Nenny put in a tidy performance in midfield, while also having a couple of chances of his own from distance.
Basel will now turn their attentions on the Swiss League and Cup as their historical Europa League run comes to an end with Chelsea set to meet Benfica in Amsterdam.