- Chelsea legend Canoville backs Mohamed Salah
- VIDEO: Ahmed Fathi scores first goal in Qatar league win
- VIDEO: Zakaria strikes again as Zamalek down Hossam Hassan’s Ittihad in Alexandria
- Six Pharaohs Abroad called up for final 2015 AFCON qualifiers, Gomaa excluded
- Al Ahly fine Hossam Ghaly 150,000 EGP for substitution refusal
- Emad Meteb handed suspended jail sentence
- Exclusive: Rami Rabia to join Olympic national team camp
- Marítimo sign young Egyptian Mohamed Mohsen
- VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish striker Arafa El-Sayed hits second consecutive hat-trick in Maqassa win
- Mourinho disappointed by Salah’s performance among others in Chelsea win
VIDEO: Chelsea through to Europa League final despite Salah opener
Chelsea advance to the Europa League final 5-2 on aggregate after defeating Basel 3-1 in the second leg of the semi-final, despite Mohamed Salah opening the scoring at Stamford Bridge.
The Swiss champions lost for a second time against the European champions after being beaten in dramatic fashion at home last week as Chelsea found the winning goal with the last kick of the game in their 2-1 first leg victory.
Both of Basel’s 20-year-old Pharaohs Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny started in second leg of the semi-final in London, with Salah opening the scoring on the stroke of half-time with a brilliant finish, moments after being denied by Čech from close range.
Three goals in eight minutes starting with Fernando Torres in the 50th minute, followed by Nigeria international Victor Moses scoring his second of the tie before David Luiz put the match beyond reach for Basel with a sublime finish.
The young Egyptians played well throughout the match, with Salah providing the attacking spark for Basel while El-Nenny put in a tidy performance in midfield, while also having a couple of chances of his own from distance.
Basel will now turn their attentions on the Swiss League and Cup as their historical Europa League run comes to an end with Chelsea set to meet Benfica in Amsterdam.