- Cairo Derby: Zamalek vs Al Ahly in numbers
- Rabia starts, Sporting draw 1-1 in Taça da Liga
- AFCON Day 12: Ivorians advance as Guinea, Mali await drawing of lots
- Ricardo: Antwi’s departure will solve many problems
- AFCON Day 11: Ghana, Algeria survive Group of Death
- Basel on Koka rumours: This story is completely fictitious
- AFCON Day 10: Tunisia and DR Congo reach quarterfinals
- Mohamed Salah names 20-man Zamalek squad for 109th Cairo derby
- Ismaily talisman John Antwi finalizes move to Al Shabab
- AFCON Day 9: Congo, Equatorial Guinea qualify
VIDEO: Chelsea through to Europa League final despite Salah opener
The Swiss champions lost for a second time against the European champions after being beaten in dramatic fashion at home last week as Chelsea found the winning goal with the last kick of the game in their 2-1 first leg victory.
Both of Basel’s 20-year-old Pharaohs Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny started in second leg of the semi-final in London, with Salah opening the scoring on the stroke of half-time with a brilliant finish, moments after being denied by Čech from close range.
Three goals in eight minutes starting with Fernando Torres in the 50th minute, followed by Nigeria international Victor Moses scoring his second of the tie before David Luiz put the match beyond reach for Basel with a sublime finish.
The young Egyptians played well throughout the match, with Salah providing the attacking spark for Basel while El-Nenny put in a tidy performance in midfield, while also having a couple of chances of his own from distance.
Basel will now turn their attentions on the Swiss League and Cup as their historical Europa League run comes to an end with Chelsea set to meet Benfica in Amsterdam.