Mohamed Salah scored as AS Roma sealed a hard-fought 3-2 victory over...
- Salah scores as Roma come back to defeat Genoa
- OFFICIAL: Zamalek terminate Alex McLeish’s contract
- Egyptian referee Gehad Grisha appointed for Rio Olympics
- FTF threaten to continue football season behind closed doors
- EXCLUSIVE | Akram Tawfik signs Al Ahly pre-contract
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent denies Alex McLeish departure rumors
- VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
- Ghazal injured as Arouca down Nacional 3-0
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent denies Al Ahly remarks regarding Trezeguet
- Elneny wins Swiss League title with Basel
VIDEO: Chelsea through to Europa League final despite Salah opener
The Swiss champions lost for a second time against the European champions after being beaten in dramatic fashion at home last week as Chelsea found the winning goal with the last kick of the game in their 2-1 first leg victory.
Both of Basel’s 20-year-old Pharaohs Mohamed Salah and El-Nenny started in second leg of the semi-final in London, with Salah opening the scoring on the stroke of half-time with a brilliant finish, moments after being denied by Čech from close range.
Three goals in eight minutes starting with Fernando Torres in the 50th minute, followed by Nigeria international Victor Moses scoring his second of the tie before David Luiz put the match beyond reach for Basel with a sublime finish.
The young Egyptians played well throughout the match, with Salah providing the attacking spark for Basel while El-Nenny put in a tidy performance in midfield, while also having a couple of chances of his own from distance.
Basel will now turn their attentions on the Swiss League and Cup as their historical Europa League run comes to an end with Chelsea set to meet Benfica in Amsterdam.