Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Official: El-Nenny signs 4-year-deal with Basel
As El-Nenny’s six-month loan nears an end, Basel have taken the option of signing the 20-year-old Egyptian midfielder permanently from Egyptian league strugglers Arab Contractors for an undisclosed fee.
“FC Basel have taken up the option of signing Mohamed El-Nenny on a four-year deal until 30 June 2017,” Basel said in a statement on their website.
Egypt’s rising defensive midfielder El-Nenny impressed after playing 18 games so far this season for the red and blue, becoming a key member of Murat Yakin’s side in the heart of midfield, earning himself a long-term stay.
El-Nenny is the second Egyptian player to sign for Basel, along with fellow Egypt international and former Arab Contractors team-mate Mohamed Salah.
Although, Salah’s impressive performances during his debut season in Switzerland has attracted the attention of other top teams in Europe, with the likes of Inter, Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham all reportedly interested in the pacy winger.
“Playing in such a competition [Europa League] is a very good experience for me and El-Nenny, we are still young and we do need to gain experience,” Salah said in an interview with Al-Jazeera Sports channel following Basel’s defeat to Chelsea yesterday.
“I don’t want to think about anything else now; my primary focus is to help Basel win the league and the cup, after which I can think about the next step.”
Asked whether he had received any offers, Salah said: “No, nothing so far. I hope something good will come up.”